Corruption Busting Should Top Thai National Agenda

webfact

jayjayO said:

In your post you said all giving no room for a honest cop. I put in in bold print.

I personally and sick and tired of people with that attitude. You condemn a lot of people when you do that. Just because you have a experience does not mean every body will have the same experience. Weather you like it or not there are a lot of honest cops as well as bad apples. I personally try to look for the good. I have only been here 5 years so I am still looking at the differences rather than the right and wrongs.

As for the other comments look around. They are out there not every one falls into that category but a lot of them do.

My Quote:

The other question is, if you have ever paid a ticket at the station(and from your statement I think you have), even though it looks above board when you pay, is it?, meaning do they make it seem above board, and then behind the seen all of the tickets and officers books when used up are burned.

I left out a question mark, but reading it shows what was meant. It is an up to you or what whomever wants to think because the jury is still out.

Good cop, Bad cop regardless have to follow directives.

I do know some seemingly good cops in Chiang Mai, and they are the ones who are the cops doing the traffic and helping students of all grades and sizes from kindergarten to high school cross the streets at their schools. Jovial, sincere and genuinely friends with the kids, but then after they do their school duties in the morning for the 1 hour and then in the late afternoon for the 1 hour, who knows what they are up to in between. But my guess being traffic managers, they more than likely go out on traffic duty collecting money.

The schools have to pay the cops to do this duty, if not, they don’t come. Going monthly rate from each school, 3000 baht. Protect the children, but only for a for a price.

For instance, at my kids school we have to pay 5 baht per semester per kid, all kids, to have the police come do the duty.

At apartments or room rentals having the red box on the wall, if the owner doesn’t pay to have the police come patrol on their duties (1- 2 times in a day at best being 30 seconds) and then sign in the book in the red box, the police don’t come. Going monthly rate from each business, 3000 baht. Protect the business, but only for a quick visit in and out and only for a price.

Driving with out a license is illegal, but doesn’t, make a bad person.

My view and attitude is real and FYI it takes years and years of being immersed to get the true view.

Put it this way, one of my company lawyers is an Ex Thai Senator, and another was very high in the THRC and is now the #1 senior executive counsel for a tv station. With both friends, but the second, very good friends.

I have learnt: Speculate in saying without pointing a finger, but in actuality……………

I don’t know who you are conversing with on a daily or non daily basis bringing you this resentment. We all are entitled to our opinions but really need to watch what we say for persecution purposes, so we need to tell it in exactly the most legal appropriate way to not get into trouble.

Bad attitude no, sometimes get upset for how it is, yes.

Don’t stress over too much or people ‘s comments if you can help it. No need to go on with this topic any further, because it is now nonsensical..

Good luck on your fact finding for yourself.

uncletom

The "Stop Corruptions" poster is an election poster for the Peua Thai Party, the descendant of the Thai Rak Thai party. It is very widely acknowledged that when that party held power, corruption was more rampant than ever before.

So I think you have been fooled into believing something insincere there.

The "Stop Corruptions" poster is an election poster for the Peua Thai Party, the descendant of the Thai Rak Thai party. It is very widely acknowledged that when that party held power, corruption was more rampant than ever before.

So I think you have been fooled into believing something insincere there.

Yes ... the sign says "Stop Corruptions, don't vote for Peau Thai Party."

Posting the anti corruption poster in front of the Police station is probably someones idea of a joke. The joke probably went right over those that it may have been intended for.

Has anyone heard anymore about the police officers who absconded with proceeds that were to be divided up? Another one of those reports of police actions that there was no follow up on? Have heard nothing more on the alleged gang rape of the police woman by her fellow policemen. Real examples of camaraderie in the department.