Deposit Usa Pension To Thai Bank Account

RJfromUSA

Open a Bangkok Bank account when you arrive in Thailand. You can then have a direct deposit to the New York branch of Bangkok Bank, they have the ACH capability. You can then access your funds with an Bangkok Bank ATM card, checks, or at a branch.

Better idea is to open a Charles Schwab bank account in the US and direct deposit your checks there. Then use your Schwab ATM card here in Thailand. Schwab will rebate all the ridiculously high ATM fees that the Thai banks charge.

That's what I do.

Open a Bangkok Bank account when you arrive in Thailand. You can then have a direct deposit to the New York branch of Bangkok Bank, they have the ACH capability. You can then access your funds with an Bangkok Bank ATM card, checks, or at a branch.

Better idea is to open a Charles Schwab bank account in the US and direct deposit your checks there. Then use your Schwab ATM card here in Thailand. Schwab will rebate all the ridiculously high ATM fees that the Thai banks charge.

That's what I do.

Excellent advice Globalmenace. It is what I do also. Also with Schwab there are no foreign transaction fees when you use their ATM card at Carrefore, etc.

My mom gets her SS payments directly deposited into Bangkok bank in town.

The SS admin will not be able to direct deposit your check into any foreign acct.

The receiving acct must be within the US territorial, such as posted by several posters here.

Sure your mom was able to direct deposit into Bkk Bk in town as in Bkk?

Edited by mkawish

My mom gets her SS payments directly deposited into Bangkok bank in town.

The SS admin will not be able to direct deposit your check into any foreign acct.

The receiving acct must be within the US territorial, such as posted by several posters here.

Sure your mom was able to direct deposit into Bkk Bk in town as in Bkk?

Positive, there was a bunch of paper work and a month or 2 of waiting for it all to work out just right but it all worked out. She's been reviving her payments for the last 3-4 years there.

I receive my SS into the Patong Branch of Bangkok Bank about the 3rd of every month. I eve3n get an SMS when the money arrives. It requires that I show up with my passport to withdraw the money and the account is not allowed to have an ATM card. I guess this is to make sure that you are still alive. It required that I first set up this special account at the branch I wanted to use and then I had to take that bank book to a main branch of Bangkok Bank somewhere on Sukumvhit. One lady there specializes in this service.

• 4 weeks later...

That's what I do.

One word of warning, I had to go to 3 Bangkok Banks until I could find one that would open an account for me with no work permit, and that was only with a promise that I would bring my work permit in as soon as I got it, which I did. They gave me 3 months if I recall.

That's what I do.

One word of warning, I had to go to 3 Bangkok Banks until I could find one that would open an account for me with no work permit, and that was only with a promise that I would bring my work permit in as soon as I got it, which I did. They gave me 3 months if I recall.

I have been to two Bangkok Bank branches here in Phuket, one at Central and the new one at the Chalong Tesco and they both opened an account for me with an O-A retirement visa. There was a bit of discussion a with the manager both times, but I still have two accounts with them and another with Siam Commercial. O-A visas say right on them "employment prohibited." But they did ask me for a work permit at all three banks, at first, until I pointed out my visa is a retirement visa.