How hard for Thai Citizen to visit U.S.A just for a short holiday?

3 hours ago, hydraides said:

I am UK nationality.......want to visit U.S.A in April with my Thai Girlfriends

For me .......all i Need is an esta which takes a few days to approve

How about my girlfriend.......how hard is it for her just to visit Thailand on a holiday? Do you need visit an embassy etc and do alot of paperwork?

Choose another country as they will hassle you at immigration on arrival  and all the pre registration and mess they create for flights to America in the airport of departure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Unless the girlfriend is well educated and in good financial standing with a full time job in Thailand or ongoing business it will next to impossible to get a visa. The USA is very strict on Thai females due to human trafficking issues.

So does that mean a thai female can never have a holiday in the USA?  Seems bizarre.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Henryford said:

So does that mean a thai female can never have a holiday in the USA?  Seems bizarre.

How so you get that from what was posted? Job, some finances, and a reason to return =visa. Many Thai women meet this criteria, some dont. Simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm a US citizen retired here, my gf has had 3 visas (B1/B2) to the US. First time around she got a single entry, 2nd time they gave her a 10 year which she renewed a couple of years ago.

These days the application is online, they will advise if they want an in-person interview. Most recent visa she got took around 2 weeks, no interview required.

Main things I can think of that were requested were employment and bank letters and travel history.

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just went through this with my wife & her daughter!

The daughter (25) was rejected  b1/b2 visa while My wife was accepted . I wanted them to meet my USA kids!

I brought all the necessary paperwork for my stepdaughter , proof of income, assets, everything!

We had to wait , just shy of a year for a appointment!

The interviewer didnt even ask to see the supporting docs to prove 

she wasn’t a threat to overstay.

Dont waste your time! Imop

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Slim and none to take Thai gf to U.S.

They rarely give Visas for Thai females in your situation. You can fill the application online and they will give her an appointment date at the U.S. embassy.  I have been here more then 10 years and I do not know of one Thai female gf who has gotten a Visa to the U.S.  They throw a piece of rejection paper in their face, don't let them ask any questions and tell them to leave.  Rude and impersonal. But, give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Canada is the same.The interviewer is protected by bulletproof glass for some reason.

I only knew one old timer who got the lady a visa because he was in the Army with some officials father.He married her in Canada so he f____d them anyway.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

No Henry.  Many qualify but also many are refused.

Sorry, disagree and I have reliable info. from a U.S. embassy employee.  98%+ are disqualified.

The problem is historically, many Thai females were granted Tourist VIsa's but what happpened is they ended up working or living with their boyfreinds and never returned,  Lots of overstay.

There is also an unwritten age cut off those under 40 rarely if every are accepted.  Maybe an older female who does have businesses, money and possibly family to visit in the U.S. may be granted.

People who say they got it 10 years ago, sure.  But now, it is very very rare for a Thai gf to be granted a Tourist VIsa for holiday to the U.S.   I know dozens of guys who have tried, all rejected.

If you want a practically sure thing, get the fiance Visa.  But then. you will have   a marriage decision whne you get there.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

It's a million miles away, difficult to get go, changing planes and at least 20 time zones away.

It is a lot of time zones, but with daylight savings time its 15 hours West coast USA and 12 East coast. Not at least 20 mate. 

• Thumbs Up 1