Chicken Rice

stats

Well ive been around Thailand for some years now ...The best food in Thiland so far for me is the Thai Chicken Rice....

My best place to have chicken rice is somewhere at Onnut Soi 25 just opposite the 7/11 ...This is just a small stall with 3 tables...They world start at 7 am and end serving at 12 pm..Fast selling

Their Chicken rice is Quality...The Chicken Soup have got this aroma smell and also herbs in it...As for the rice its just superb....The chicken is soft and tender....

I would normally go there 4x a week in the morning ....

What about any of you TV members any recomendation on any good Chicken Rice in served LOS ?

South Pattaya. Soi 14, Half way up on the right hand side, (walking from "Walking Street").

The guy's been there for as long as I can remember, (92), Haven't been to Pattaya for a couple of years now, but I expect he's still there.

His chicken rice is the Dug's Nuts and the black sauce he gives with it is intoxicating.

If your ever in Pattaya try it.

:o

Edited by chechoie

:o Just wondering if anyone actually has a recipe for Thai Chicken Rice... I'd like to try and make it at hime.

Also... is it similar to the very popular Chicken Rice in Singapore??? I have never eaten the chicken rice in BKK, but used to eat it everyday in SNG. It was served with a side of veggie and some chicken stock soup. The chicken and rice itself were very juicy with a ginger type of flavor. Is this the same as the Thai??

Thanks!

:o Just wondering if anyone actually has a recipe for Thai Chicken Rice

i've never try SG chicken rice.. but i heard it diff alil ... the best chicken rice is"hainanese"

i cook Chicken Rice sometime, really easy ..but the recipe i post here i search on net

You will need

3lb chicken

1 small fak keow or marrow

Method

1. Place the chicken in a large casserole, and cover with the stock.

2. Add a few slices of fak keow, to the pot, and simmer or poach over a low heat until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.

3. Remove and drain the chicken reserve the liquid

when the chicken is cool enough to handle

1. remove the wings and legs

2. remove the meat from these and put aside, keep the bones and trimmings

3. Remove the bones from the chicken breasts, and put aside, keep the bones and trimmings

4. Cut all the meat into strips about half an inch wide

5. put all the meat to one side.

Rice Ingredients

one and a half cups of washed long grain Thai jasmine rice

1 teaspoon crushed garlic

1 teaspoon crushed coriander root

Method

1. Place the rice and other ingredients into a saucepan

2. add two and half cups of the chicken broth from cooking the chicken. 3. Cook over moderate heat until the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is cooked (the finished rice should be slightly moist).

Chicken broth ingredients

the remaining broth and from the chicken casserole

the bones from the chicken

1 tablespoon coriander root crushed

1 tablespoon crushed garlic

1 teaspoon nam-pla

Method

1. put all the ingredients into a saucepan

2. bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes

Serve the sliced chicken on a bed of the chicken steamed rice, with a

garnish of coriander leaves, and sliced cucumber,

a bowl of the clear chicken broth, and bowl of the bean sauce should accompany each serving

This meal is accompanied by the following two sauces:

Bean Sauce: This is mixed and tasted, if required you can add extra sugar, and some of the vinegar used to pickle the jalapenos, for balance.

The second "sauce" consists of half a cup of freshly ground ginger

:D Just wondering if anyone actually has a recipe for Thai Chicken Rice

i've never try SG chicken rice.. but i heard it diff alil ... the best chicken rice is"hainanese"

i cook Chicken Rice sometime, really easy ..but the recipe i post here i search on net

You will need

3lb chicken

1 small fak keow or marrow

Method

1. Place the chicken in a large casserole, and cover with the stock.

2. Add a few slices of fak keow, to the pot, and simmer or poach over a low heat until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.

3. Remove and drain the chicken reserve the liquid

when the chicken is cool enough to handle

1. remove the wings and legs

2. remove the meat from these and put aside, keep the bones and trimmings

3. Remove the bones from the chicken breasts, and put aside, keep the bones and trimmings

4. Cut all the meat into strips about half an inch wide

5. put all the meat to one side.

Rice Ingredients

one and a half cups of washed long grain Thai jasmine rice

1 teaspoon crushed garlic

1 teaspoon crushed coriander root

Method

1. Place the rice and other ingredients into a saucepan

2. add two and half cups of the chicken broth from cooking the chicken. 3. Cook over moderate heat until the liquid is absorbed, and the rice is cooked (the finished rice should be slightly moist).

Chicken broth ingredients

the remaining broth and from the chicken casserole

the bones from the chicken

1 tablespoon coriander root crushed

1 tablespoon crushed garlic

1 teaspoon nam-pla

Method

1. put all the ingredients into a saucepan

2. bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes

Serve the sliced chicken on a bed of the chicken steamed rice, with a

garnish of coriander leaves, and sliced cucumber,

a bowl of the clear chicken broth, and bowl of the bean sauce should accompany each serving

This meal is accompanied by the following two sauces:

Bean Sauce: This is mixed and tasted, if required you can add extra sugar, and some of the vinegar used to pickle the jalapenos, for balance.

The second "sauce" consists of half a cup of freshly ground ginger

Mmmmm, after reading that, i now want some. :o But i'm in the UK at the moment and can't get the ingredients quickly. Saying that, i can't cook anyways, i'd only make a mess of it :D

kao mun gai is one of my favorites along with padkapow gai. for cheap, I go to the 2nd floor food court at the pratunam wholesale mall where I can get it for 15 baht. comes with the dish plus a bowl of chicken soup. if you have a cup, water is free there.