What's Your Favorite Thai Food?

Shivek

I've noticed that thai women like something called kee neow. They always mention it when we go out to dinner.

no no no... thats your date calling you a cheap charlie icon_guns.gif

"Cheap Charlies" of the world (called kee neow in Thai)

What? Huh? No no it is some sort of tasty dish. It's my nickname in bed too. I seem to make them all beg for it. Kee neow! Kee neow!

I think your girlfriends are found of "somtam" because I ordered pepper steak for me and somtam for my girlfriend and she said something about Kee neow! So I thought somtam = Kee neow in Isaan dialect :o

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the english word for Padkapow , the green leaves they put in it  ??

Thanks

RCP

Krapow, kaprao: (O. sanctum), is also known as holy basil because it is planted around temples. Claimed to repel mosquitos, it has a strong odour. The leaves are smaller and darker in colour, the stems and young leaves distinctly reddish-purple. Used only in strong-flavoured dishes such as fish curries or chilli-flavoured stir-fries.

From HERE

totster :o

What's Your Favorite Thai Food?

=======================================

It's a soup, and I love it..........

All I know is that it consist of:

Glass noodles, meat balls, scrimp, coriander, lemon grass, and I guess chicken broth. I don't have to mention that it was spicy, do I ???...DJM

"Padkapow Gai"    pet maak maak

:o

PKG

HI ,

Whats the English word for Padkapow the green leaves they put in it, anyone know ?

Thanks

RCP

Holy Basil

Krapow, kaprao: (O. sanctum), is also known as holy basil because it is planted around temples. Claimed to repel mosquitos, it has a strong odour. The leaves are smaller and darker in colour, the stems and young leaves distinctly reddish-purple. Used only in strong-flavoured dishes such as fish curries or chilli-flavoured stir-fries.

totster :D

Edited by Totster

PKG

my favorite too! I can eat pad krapaow everyday , and I DO eat it almost everyday! had krapaow muu sap for lunch today :D

PKG

my favorite too! I can eat pad krapaow everyday , and I DO eat it almost everyday! had krapaow muu sap for lunch today :D

my house mate to my knowledge has eaten nothing but Pad Khapao for the last 6 months, where ever we go to eat he will study the menu for about 5 to 10 minutes, put it down, lean back and say "I think I'll go for the Pad Khapao".....

My ab fab is fried Morning Glory (Pad Pak Bung Fei dang).

When you order it at a restaurant, the waiter lights it on fire.....the flame is literally 10 feet high. very impressive. Just don't tell your date the real name of the dish is SWAMP CABBAGE!!!!!!!!

Tim

My ab fab is fried Morning Glory (Pad Pak Bung Fei dang).

When you order it at a restaurant, the waiter lights it on fire.....the flame is literally 10 feet high. very impressive. Just don't tell your date the real name of the dish is SWAMP CABBAGE!!!!!!!!

Tim

My missus like a bit of the "Morning Glory" .... :o

totster :D

Morning Glory - love it!!!

...and the little raw oysters with the crunchie onions chillie sauce and that fern-like veg with it....what's that called?

I know it's not recommended to eat raw seafood due to risk of Hep B but I can't resist it from time to time.....

So many thai food I like., Easy and real typical thai food,

....... Nam prik krapi pla too with veggi

....... Nam pla warn with pla dook yang.

........ Gaeng Som veggi

.........Gaeng Tom Som pla grabork,

..........Toa Jiew Lohn with veggi

.........Phad Pla dook with green pepper.

........Panaeng Beef

.......Phad Thai and all noodle except Mama Wai Wai.. :o

And so manyyyyyyyy thingsssssss I wanna eat NOW. :D If nothing to eat then Pizza is my weekly food. :D