Bad Experience With Resort Boss On Koh Chang

johna

I don't think you would be allowed to name and shame on this forum, defamation laws and the like.

However if anybody is looking for a hotel on Koh Chang they might want to consider this place http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580110-d665058-Reviews-Orchid_Resort_Bailan-Koh_Chang.html#REVIEWS though it does have mixed reviews.

I'm not, of course, suggesting this is the hotel referred to in The Nation.

Never stay at anywhere called a resort.

The name is an excuse to overcharge.

Not true. I've stayed at many and they have been fantastic. From cheap to expensive. Some good, some bad. But no different than places called "hotel".

Agreed. It doesn't mean anything if a place calls itself resort, hotel or guesthouse. A "guesthouse" place can be more expensive than a "resort" place. Confusing sure, there are expensive upmarket "guesthouses" with a swimming pool, dirt cheap "resorts" that consist of straw and bamboo huts, and 300 Baht city "hotels" with rooms boasting a cold shower and an asian toilet.

I don't think you would be allowed to name and shame on this forum, defamation laws and the like.

However if anybody is looking for a hotel on Koh Chang they might want to consider this place http://www.tripadvis...ng.html#REVIEWS though it does have mixed reviews.

I'm not, of course, suggesting this is the hotel referred to in The Nation.

oh dear..... have never een some many negative comments

I read through those reviews and it was frightening. The owner of that resort is clearly a violent man unafraid to physically attack his guests, and his wife doesn't come off much better. I have never heard of such behavior by a resort owner. He makes Basil Fawlty look like Conrad Hilton by comparison. If something isn't done someone may be seriously hurt some day. In the meantime it does not do anything to help Thailand's image.

You don't understand the true value of an holiday package in this place! many people comes to thailand for improve their fighting skills like Muay Thai and all the rest, this manager was providing many of his guests with free lessons at no extra charge! truly amazing :D

Take Tripadvisor with a grain of salt. I am a resort owner, and lately I got an e-mail from somebody claiming to be an ex Tripadvisor employee, offering to write 4 positive reviews per month about my resort, at a charge of US$60 per month.

Take Tripadvisor with a grain of salt. I am a resort owner, and lately I got an e-mail from somebody claiming to be an ex Tripadvisor employee, offering to write 4 positive reviews per month about my resort, at a charge of US$60 per month.

For sure! One thing I do is to look at the posters other reviews. It can sometimes help sort out the good from the bad reviews. But it's a mess for sure.

Why would it be better coming from someone that worked for them?

I'll do it for AUS$50?????? :D

Well many owners already write extremely good reviews by theirself without spending any money, but that shouldn't really surprise anyone....it's also rather easy to spot them, like an extremely good review in between what looks like a battlefield, often by an account created to give just that single review, then it's funny to see how they advertise on particular features of the place in question which obviously have a very little to do with an honest traveller point of view, or someone writing under different names but making the same odd spelling mistakes and writing on a certain particular manner...:lol: