Hoegaarden

ShopBoy

I would think most of Irish pubs would have this. Im pretty sure the Irish pub in Ekkamai have it on tap, as they have many. I find it a nice alternative place to go for a quite one if in the area.

Have occasionally noticed certain happy hour deals but i dont they included the pricier beers though, i might be wrong ;)

I frequent Bei Otto and I'm pretty sure they have it there and they have a happy hour which starts at 3pm, gives you a discount, not 2 for 1 though.

I usually go for the Dunkel Weiss (forgot what brand,German though) which at happy hour is 150THB for 1/2 liter. Pretty good value for a pretty good beer :D

the roof - ladprao soi 48.

not sure of the pricings, will check and get back to u guys.

How is the ambiance of the roof ? Is this place a pub or restaurant ? Food pricing reasonable ?

How is the ambiance of the roof ? - its open-air, on the roof of a whole block of shop houses(around 5-6 shop houses, therefore its not small). live band: singing thai songs, and some english oldies. quiet place, good place to chill with friends or GF.

Is this place a pub or restaurant ? - its the typical thai pub/restaurant, but most of the customers just seat around, chill, drink beer and enjoy the atmosphere of Bangkok (at night). it aint like those sukhumvit bars/pubs, the music and ambiance gives cosy feeling.

Food pricing reasonable ? - it is similar to the normal Thai pub/restaurant. its not ex.

i grade the place 8/10.

How is the ambiance of the roof ? Is this place a pub or restaurant ? Food pricing reasonable ?

How is the ambiance of the roof ? - its open-air, on the roof of a whole block of shop houses(around 5-6 shop houses, therefore its not small). live band: singing thai songs, and some english oldies. quiet place, good place to chill with friends or GF.

Is this place a pub or restaurant ? - its the typical thai pub/restaurant, but most of the customers just seat around, chill, drink beer and enjoy the atmosphere of Bangkok (at night). it aint like those sukhumvit bars/pubs, the music and ambiance gives cosy feeling.

Food pricing reasonable ? - it is similar to the normal Thai pub/restaurant. its not ex.

i grade the place 8/10.

I've been here 15 years and I've never been to a pub that had live music played at even close to a level that didn't hurt my ears and my brain. But that's my problem for sure.....

i grade the place 8/10.

I've been here 15 years and I've never been to a pub that had live music played at even close to a level that didn't hurt my ears and my brain. But that's my problem for sure.....

I agree with you for the most part. Here there is only 2 volumes, on and off. But that being said, there is the Roadhouse Barbeque on Surawong and Rama 4 that doesn't do that, at least not the 2 times I have been. The last time there was 1 guy singing with an acoustic guitar, singing mostly softer 60's and 70's American music. Not at all loud or annoying, and I was the closest table to him.

Other than that one, it is full on volume.