Changing Non B To Tourist Visa

OK so my Non B expires on 30th December and I need to stay in Thailand until 23rd January.

Can I change my Non B to a tourist visa at immigration or do I have to leave the kingdom and come back on a tourist visa?

Any ideas? Don't fancy having to do a border run over xmas/new year

The Non-B expires which means it's dead and can't be resurrected/extended in any shape or form.

Can't you file for an extension on or about the 29th or 30th? That may give you a couple of weeks, no? I am not sure how much they extend these days but someone with more knowledge can assist here.

If you must be in LOS till 23rd Jan, aim to skip out by air to KL, Saigon or somewhere similarly close and cheap some time between Christmas and New Year and get a standard 30-day permission to stay on arrival... provided you have the onward or return ticket.

Edited by NanLaew

You cannot get a toruist visa in Thailand itself and will need to leave the country, unless you are married to a Thai or have a child with Thai nationality.

If you have a multiple entry non-B which expires on Dec. 30th, just leave and re-enter Thailand before that date and you will get a new 90 day permisison to stay. If not, you can get a tourist visa good for 60 days in a neighbouring country or as said just leave and fly back into Thailand and get another 30 days., or 15 days if by land transport.