Impressed By Chiangmai Ram

bazmlb

I have had the opportunity to use Chiang Mai Ram three times this year. The first time was for major oral surgery requiring a 6 night stay. The bills were thoroughly scrutinized and no over billing was found. I have nothing but the heights praise for Chiang Mai Ram. Their coast are considerably lower than in the US.

Glad it went well

They may also be cheaper than hospitlas in other countries. But we are in Thailand so not a valid comparison. And while they diod not cheat you, they have cheated others.

Are you aware of how heavily the revenue department scrutinise these things, everything that is purchased must be shown as a sale, if they are selling goods without actually buying them the revenue department picks it up very quickly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used RAM myself for various procedures large and small and have no complaints so far. I do check the bills. Prescriptions are overpriced as they seem to be in most hospitals, given that that's how they make their money. Doctors seem to be generous in handing them out, which I assume to be part of the business model. My pharmacist tells me Sripat (sp?) is slightly cheaper on the meds she can't supply. I have friends who swear by Sripat and would find it acceptable, as well.

I took a friend to RAM last weekend with no appointment for x-rays and we were in and out in 3/4 of an hour for 700 baht. I'm sure there are people on the forum that would call the wait excessive and the price highway robbery but will continue to use the place (and select my own doctors there) until I have reason to go elsewhere.

I have had the opportunity to use Chiang Mai Ram three times this year. The first time was for major oral surgery requiring a 6 night stay. The bills were thoroughly scrutinized and no over billing was found. I have nothing but the heights praise for Chiang Mai Ram. Their coast are considerably lower than in the US.

Glad it went well

They may also be cheaper than hospitlas in other countries. But we are in Thailand so not a valid comparison. And while they diod not cheat you, they have cheated others.

Are you aware of how heavily the revenue department scrutinise these things, everything that is purchased must be shown as a sale, if they are selling goods without actually buying them the revenue department picks it up very quickly.

I am very aware of how the Revenue department "scrutinises" transactions in Thailand as are other posters.

Not all purchases can be sales, can they, - ever heard of stock!

And it would be a clever trick if anyone could sell something without actually buying it first

What on earth are you talking about?

Some have good experiences at Ram, some are not cheated ( bill errors, unnecessary procedures etc )but many are not so fortunate. Just accept, Baz, many are unhappy with being cheated at Ram. That's just a fact of life. However much you like them won't change what's happened to others. And how revenue departments work, and selling and purchasing is, even if it made sense, is irrelevant to the thread. Even Ulysses correctly observed that all hospitals get complaints - Thailand and elsewhere. Ram seems to have more than average

Glad it went well

I am very aware of how the Revenue department "scrutinises" transactions in Thailand as are other posters.

Not all purchases can be sales, can they, - ever heard of stock!

And it would be a clever trick if anyone could sell something without actually buying it first

What on earth are you talking about?

Some have good experiences at Ram, some are not cheated ( bill errors, unnecessary procedures etc )but many are not so fortunate. Just accept, Baz, many are unhappy with being cheated at Ram. That's just a fact of life. However much you like them won't change what's happened to others. And how revenue departments work, and selling and purchasing is, even if it made sense, is irrelevant to the thread. Even Ulysses correctly observed that all hospitals get complaints - Thailand and elsewhere. Ram seems to have more than average

And some people will complain if hung with a new rope.:lol:

Glad the op went well Bazmib. I've never heard of the Ram cheating anyone, but it has to be said, their prices are high. Sri Pat (the private part of Suan Dok hospital) uses the same doctors (well, they work for Sri Pat and are rented out to the Ram) and the cost works out about half of Ram's cost.

Hope to see you back in harness soon old chap!

I had some examinations and tests done at Sripat without checking at Ram and had to wait for many, many hours for doctors and so forth. I later checked at Ram and they were either the same price or slightly cheaper and with almost no wait.

What? Ram cheaper and better than Sripat? I find that hard to believe.. :whistling:

There were a number of price comparisons done on past threads that showed that is sometimes the case.

I do not have anything against Sripat other than waiting for hours for different appointments when I could have been seen much faster for about the same price at a different hospital.

I had some examinations and tests done at Sripat without checking at Ram and had to wait for many, many hours for doctors and so forth. I later checked at Ram and they were either the same price or slightly cheaper and with almost no wait.

What? Ram cheaper and better than Sripat? I find that hard to believe.. :whistling:

Not easy to believe that, i agree. But if that is what Ulysses says that is what Ulysses says. Why anyone would check prices AFTER having procedures done seems odd. And lo and behold - were all same or cheaper. Pull the other one

You seem to be on some sort of a personal crusade against Ram, but I had more tests to do and I was bored of all the waiting, so I switched to Ram and asked about the prices for things that I had already done while I was at it. It is pretty simple really. :whistling:

You seem to be on some sort of a personal crusade against Ram, but I had more tests to do and I was bored of all the waiting, so I switched to Ram and asked about the prices for things that I had already done while I was at it. It is pretty simple really. :whistling:

No personal crusade at all. In my posts i have emphasised all hospitals can make mistakes and some have had both good and positive experiences at Ram. As you say; quite simple really.

Actually you said that you had had tests etc DONE ( past tense ) at Ram and that THEY ( ie the same tests etc ) were the same or cheaper. I think you are the crusader General. Quitec simple really

There have been reports on the forum that Sripat's prices have increased significantly over the last several months. As for my experience with CM Ram - I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about a year ago and went to RAM when my body told me it's time. ;)

All tests were exactly what I anticipated and expected to be given based on doing some research on the subject before going. Nothing more nor less then should be done for first evaluation. Meds for BP and high cholesterol was prescribed and follow up tests made with no extraneous tests involved. An xray from the initial evaluation showed an abnormality and the Doctor elected for another x-ray at a different angle. He said it was cheaper then a CAT scan so he had an opportunity to push an expensive test but didn't. The abnormality was from a hernia I've had repaired years ago.

Regarding the meds, when I went in for followups he recommended I get them at a pharmacy as they will be cheaper since I will have to take them for a long time. I asked if I needed a prescription and his comment along with a grin "this is Thailand - not necessary" :D I also check all items and have seen no extras or errors in the receipts.

But again, it's the Doctor not the hospital as I had a bad experience several years ago with one who just didn't have any interest in my problem.

Perhaps it's time for Jingthing to do a poll. :P

Actually you said that you had had tests etc DONE ( past tense ) at Ram and that THEY ( ie the same tests etc ) were the same or cheaper.

Exactly, they were the same price or cheaper (past tense). I had done them already, but I did some more at Ram (because I was tired of all the waiting at Sripat) and did not have to wait long at all - as always. :whistling:

Edited by Ulysses G.

There have been reports on the forum that Sripat's prices have increased significantly over the last several months. As for my experience with CM Ram - I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about a year ago and went to RAM when my body told me it's time. ;)

All tests were exactly what I anticipated and expected to be given based on doing some research on the subject before going. Nothing more nor less then should be done for first evaluation. Meds for BP and high cholesterol was prescribed and follow up tests made with no extraneous tests involved. An xray from the initial evaluation showed an abnormality and the Doctor elected for another x-ray at a different angle. He said it was cheaper then a CAT scan so he had an opportunity to push an expensive test but didn't. The abnormality was from a hernia I've had repaired years ago.

Regarding the meds, when I went in for followups he recommended I get them at a pharmacy as they will be cheaper since I will have to take them for a long time. I asked if I needed a prescription and his comment along with a grin "this is Thailand - not necessary" :D I also check all items and have seen no extras or errors in the receipts.

But again, it's the Doctor not the hospital as I had a bad experience several years ago with one who just didn't have any interest in my problem.

Perhaps it's time for Jingthing to do a poll. :P

Totally with you on your penultimate paragraph - a very fair unbiased point.

I think any poll would just bring out those who think Ram can do no wrong and those who think they do no right. This thread so far seems to have a lot of Ram apologists and fewc taking unbiased views

Actually you said that you had had tests etc DONE ( past tense ) at Ram and that THEY ( ie the same tests etc ) were the same or cheaper.

Exactly, they were the same price or cheaper (past tense). I had done them already, but I did some more at Ram (because I was tired of all the waiting at Sripat) and did not have to wait long at all - as always. :whistling:

"some more"

Either the story is now changing or you need to brush up on your English grammar. Probably both.

What is it with you and your constant attacking. I suppose YOU calling someone a crusader is faintly amusing. Got it from a book did you?

"some more"

Either the story is now changing or you need to brush up on your English grammar. Probably both.

What is it with you and your constant attacking. I suppose YOU calling someone a crusader is faintly amusing. Got it from a book did you?

Ram clean nice,the other choice third world with so much filth and many many doctors that are not the cream of crop .

Ram hires the cream from what CM has to offer..

crowds and filth or clean upscale.... tough to figure out for some???

You make Thai visa sad ,very sad with this absurb rant.

Edited by yesterday

When i first had my consult on my hand I had arranged for an appointment at a particular Time with Dr PRechar at Sriphat, they had lost the appointment and I had to wait 4 hours, at RAM the wait was under 15 minutes to see him. You cannot buy back that time Sriphat wasted.

When i first had my consult on my hand I had arranged for an appointment at a particular Time with Dr PRechar at Sriphat, they had lost the appointment and I had to wait 4 hours, at RAM the wait was under 15 minutes to see him. You cannot buy back that time Sriphat wasted.

The filthy surroundings are included in the Sriphat price!!

Told them that to their face did you?

I have never waited long at Siripat though it is not my preferred hospital.

I have seen farangs there though acting rather arrogantly about delays etc. Same in immigration. Thais have a way of dealing with that. Some never learn

Yes that didnt impress me either, i could have gone to Nakornping and got cheaper if I wanted that.

Ram clean nice,the other choice third world with so much filth and many many doctors that are not the cream of crop .

I disagree with this. Sripat is not 3rd world or filthy as the poster suggests, nor are the doctors at RAM "the cream". In fact most of the best doctors in Chiang Mai have clinics at both and the surgeons operate at both Sripat and RAM.

I disagree with this. Sripat is not 3rd world or filthy as the poster suggests, nor are the doctors at RAM "the cream". In fact most of the best doctors in Chiang Mai have clinics at both and the surgeons operate at both Sripat and RAM.

Correct, electrified

The thread seems to be attracting the GOM boys

If the figures that have been posted are accurate then it seems that RAM is now cheaper than Sripat (at least the room rate).

A big IF

We only have a few examples from posters who may be shareholders for all we know. Ram's reputation won't be swayed by the comments of a few

This thread is not doing Ram any favours but they dont realise that

If the figures that have been posted are accurate then it seems that RAM is now cheaper than Sripat (at least the room rate).

A big IF

We only have a few examples from posters who may be shareholders for all we know. Ram's reputation won't be swayed by the comments of a few

This thread is not doing Ram any favours but they dont realise that

one man's trash is another man's pleasured treasure.