Horrific Accident 6Pm By Samui Yacht Club Turning- R.I.P

Coming back home from work on my usual Chaweng- Lamai scoot just after 6pm -i can only say what can be described as a hell of a horrific scene that greated me just down at the bottom of the hill after The Cliff, just before the Samui Yacht club turning- Some how a fortuna (chaweng direction bound had ended up going over the opposite side barrier embedding itself into a house)- in the process taking out someone (or 2 people on a scooter) Big respect to the Samui rescue who were there within no time and other passers by looking to locate the victims in limited light.

R.I.P those two people that were body bagged away. A smashed helmet was found on the road but i guess they had no chance. A very sad evening for someones family. Once again R.I.P............

I was on that route today, a lot of trucks think they are on scaletrix or something, crazy speeds on some of the turns, mainly falangs I might add before the usual thai bashing kicks in. A couple of speed cameras would resolve the issue, either that or appoint a thai cop to fine people who he judges are too fast (who cares where the money goes - its the deterrent that works) ~15,000 salary a month could easily be collected in fines and would save lives.

Edited by beerian

thats sad to hear, i guess in those circumstances helmets would not help, but regular mobile speed traps, beatherlisers and strict enforcement of helmet law would save dozens of lives in Samui. whyb they dont do it i will never understand because it would make the police millions as well as save lives.

Very sad news indeed,,,,, My question to any person who has migrated to a tropical Island is ... why have you left the big citys and motorways of the western world, to drive like a t**t on Samui.

us Europeans and westerners alike should know better than to drive at warp speed, whitch is what you would have to do to loose control of a fortuna on that road.

Arrive 10 minutes late rather than 10 years to soon.

Very sad news indeed,,,,, My question to any person who has migrated to a tropical Island is ... why have you left the big citys and motorways of the western world, to drive like a t**t on Samui.

us Europeans and westerners alike should know better than to drive at warp speed, whitch is what you would have to do to loose control of a fortuna on that road.

yes i have to 100 per cent agree with u. if we wanted speed camera and heavy fines then would probably would not be hear. People come to thailand for an easier life but u have to take the rough with the smmooth.

u cannot have just the good bits of everything just because it suites the indvidual.

it is nice to know that there are some places in the world for every indivual.

R.I.P and please drive carefully and be aware of others.

:jap:

My sentiments exactly- although i was 5 mins or so before what had happened- I would rather be late, Not the late............

I can only assume you've never been to Spain or Italy..

RIP x 2

as it happens I did live in southern Spain for 8 years, and can only say that I was unfortunate to see too many body bags there, including one where a teenager on a motorbike was chopped in 2 pieces.

We are on an Island, relax and take care.

My sentiments exactly- although i was 5 mins or so before what had happened- I would rather be late, Not the late............

I was also there some minutes before the accident and when i came back 10 minutes later i was surprised very much because there was a fortuner fly already into a house and the emergency just arrived. It was horrific view same like in the movies...

The sad thing is we have many accidents and nobody do anything to prevent them. They only printing some nice looking posters pls wear helmet.... Police is funny here na... I except checks everyday in random locations from this lovely police and pls somebody tell them a simple handycam & laser combination with a laptop and software doesnt cost more than 200k THB and they can prevent scenes like this if randomly go with a civil police car and chasing drivers. you dont need more than 2-3 police units to tackle this as an everyday problem but somehow they not think that deep...

Ban cars with smoke and bad brakes, lights, i see many everyday... They not even have an annually check on vehicles, its a joke what they doing here...

Ban drivers who earn bad points, check that driving licenses is also not a big problem, anyway this is why the police's job to prevent things like this to keep tight oversight over the population......

Driving culture is reckless, not much respect from many speeding lorry drivers, rushing minivans. Self interest is higher than relatively predict and prevent accidents, ppl dont have experience how the things are happening when u drive fast, if u over 50km/h u already giving 50% chance for a fatal accident but because it happened so rarely ppl like to not think about it and then when have a quick situation they couldnt handle it.

Maybe Somebody should organize a donation to buy a device like this for the samui police:

http://www.decatureu...responder-4000/

:( Very sad but a Fortuna... says it all ! R.I.P. x 2. Just one cop in ANY of their vacant booths along Chaweng Beach road would prevent the hoons from screaming through at 80 kms / Hr and particularly the Safari Tour jeeps. These louts have no concept of driving in a "built up zone" and sooner or later, a strolling family with kids are going to get hit. No cops ? well let's have speed bumps then !

Maybe Somebody should organize a donation to buy a device like this for the samui police:

:( Very sad but a Fortuna... says it all ! R.I.P. x 2. Just one cop in ANY of their vacant booths along Chaweng Beach road would prevent the hoons from screaming through at 80 kms / Hr and particularly the Safari Tour jeeps. These louts have no concept of driving in a "built up zone" and sooner or later, a strolling family with kids are going to get hit. No cops ? well let's have speed bumps then !

donate money to the police. :cheesy::cheesy: un beleivable. do u actually live in thailand ???

i was involved in a crash with other tourists and thais. i rang the forang volenteers and guess who came to the scene. NO ONE.

they cant even get to the scene let alone stop it !

sorry we just have to adapt to the place where we live and not try to change it. improve it. yes but anyone who wants to donate money or items to the police. please go for a brain scane first.

http://www.decatureurope.com/en/products/in-car-video/responder-4000/

the police already have many devices. they just never use them in samui. they have breatherlisers. U cannot get away with the same stuff in surathani.

donate to the police? why? have u ever seen a poor policeman ? r u blinde ?

u r not this fraudster that is frauding forangers are u ?

Edited by BigC

the police already have many devices. they just never use them in samui. they have breatherlisers. U cannot get away with the same stuff in surathani.

This particular Poster needs one of three or even all three things thinking about it, taht are below..

1 ) A Cuddle

2 ) To leave Thailand as i have never known anyone so bitter, including myself.

3 ) To get away from " Text speak " & engage the wonderful English Language in it's purest form .

This particular Poster needs one of three or even all three things thinking about it, taht are below..

1 ) A Cuddle

3 ) To get away from " Text speak " & engage the wonderful English Language in it's purest form .

not sure who that is quoted at ??? me or the origonial. charity policeman ?

1 ) A Cuddle

not sure who that is quoted at ??? me or the origonial. charity policeman ?

Probably you. People died in this accident and all you can do is make half-assed so-called witticisms.

yes i have to 100 per cent agree with u. if we wanted speed camera and heavy fines then would probably would not be hear. People come to thailand for an easier life but u have to take the rough with the smmooth.

u cannot have just the good bits of everything just because it suites the indvidual.

Strange logic. I don't agree you have to be totally unregulated in all aspects of life to get that nice sense of freedom. Most Thais would like better road safety if you talk to them about bus drivers and drunks driving cars and riding bikes. I don't understand why politicians have failed the people on this one.

Horrible news - my heart goes out to those who have lost.

Strange logic. I don't agree you have to be totally unregulated in all aspects of life to get that nice sense of freedom. Most Thais would like better road safety if you talk to them about bus drivers and drunks driving cars and riding bikes. I don't understand why politicians have failed the people on this one.

Horrible news - my heart goes out to those who have lost.

i am going to have to put my opinons to one side on this one.

yes safer roads.

yes more traffic lights and warning signs

but just take it easy..... really do like the relexed freedome in samui that u cannot beat anwhere that i have been yet in the world.

brings back nightmares of the UK when i hear of speed camera and all this.

R.I.P Another tradigy and another lesson to be learned.

Sad accident as they all are.Very bad things happens on the roads of samui.

I personaly never use a helmet when riding my wave and its my call :) I also never use racing gear to protect the other 98% of my exposed body :rolleyes: Do i feel comfortable on the roads? Big No!!! But what can i do-With or witout helmet...

Life goes on,tomorrow is a new day with new challenges for most people.Ppz calling for regulations (got to) adjust to the system.Bangkok is the powercenter of Thailand but here on Samui people dont bother.They do their own race. :jap:

Mr Lamai

RIP to the poor victims. I ONCE rode on the back of a bike from the north to The Ciff and back. It was dark on the way back and the lights had't come on yet. That was the last time I went that way on a bike. It really is just bad news waiting to happen.

Has anyone heard any more details regarding circumstances of accident ?

As I understand it, the driver of the Fortuna wasn't a 'hoon' speeding around Samui's roads.

He was a very distressed father taking a seriously ill child to hospital.

He is even more distressed now and will probably never get over this accident.

Very sad for all of the victims. RIP the poor people on the bike and condolences to their families. Sadly, wrong place wrong time. There but for the grace of God could be any of us.

The family of the driver and the driver himself are also victims. They will have to live with this forever.

As I understand it, the driver of the Fortuna wasn't a 'hoon' speeding around Samui's roads.

Very sad for all of the victims. RIP the poor people on the bike and condolences to their families. Sadly, wrong place wrong time. There but for the grace of God could be any of us.

The family of the driver and the driver himself are also victims. They will have to live with this forever.

so can we draw from that he was in fact speeding, sorry no justification driving so fast as to loose control on a road he was familiar with causing the deaths of 2 people. surly a call to the hospital for an ambulance would have been the best way to deal with it, then the child would have got treatment in the ambulance.

so can we draw from that he was in fact speeding, sorry no justification driving so fast as to loose control on a road he was familiar with causing the deaths of 2 people. surly a call to the hospital for an ambulance would have been the best way to deal with it, then the child would have got treatment in the ambulance.

I fail to see how you come to this conclusion. For sure his mind would be on a number of things as well as watching the road, but nowhere have I seen speeding mentioned.

We could all make lots of assumptions. Motorbike on wrong side of road, puncture on a bend, dog running out in front of the vehicle and so on. Methinks that you are too hasty in your assumption.

For the record, an ambulance is NOT the best solution for most areas of Samui. I live 15 - 20 minutes from an international hospital or three. Someone in my area called an ambulance once - it took an hour to find us.

Over the years I have had to take a number of visitors to hospitals, and my old jeep is by far the fastest, safest solution from where I live. (I never drive faster than 40 - 50 kph!)

Gotta say, who else has noticed that ALL Fortuna drivers on this island drive like W*nkers?

They should have their big steel bubbles taken away and made to drive a Honda Dream for a year..

RIP you poor unfortunate innocent motorcyclists

Right on Newbie ! They will tailgate you, try to overtake when there is no space between you and the next vehicle in front and love to give you the aggressive finger. Just ask Phuket or Pattaya and they have the same problem with Fortuna Hoons and last week's Pattaya TV forum with the obnoxious drunk belligerent Aussie in a 4am accident with his Fortuna is TYPICAL When I become Mayor this vehicle will be banned on Samui !

its not just fortuners, but Trucks, mini buses , taxis to name a few

A very sad accident indeed. Two of our customers were driving their scooters behind the scooter that got hit by the car. They told us that they saw a car continuing straight when the road itself takes a slight turn. After that came a loud bang and the car jumped over the rail and into the side of the house. The driver of the car didn't even have a chance to use the breaks. The guys pulled to the side of the road and went to a nearby house to call help (Silver Beach I assume). They said that it was obvious there wasn't anything that could have been done to help the victims.

The guys were quite shaken by the accident. It could have been them very easily as there were only a few metres between them and the car. The boys ended up going to the hospital to be checked out in an ambulance and they said the the ride in the ambulance was almost more scary than the crash.

The boys said that they wont be renting scooters anymore and I totally understand.