What Are They Doing

Rooo

So much for the crackdown on illegal advertisement banners,what is that huge billboard being erected just past Tesco heading north?

All the talk of island beautification 2006 to 2008, you have to laugh , the people responsible for allowing such an eyesore, should have their heads examined.

So much for the crackdown on illegal advertisement banners,what is that huge billboard being erected just past Tesco heading north?

All the talk of island beautification 2006 to 2008, you have to laugh , the people responsible for allowing such an eyesore, should have their heads examined.

Ask P'Sin living next door, mate. It's his father's land. Samui ain't Samui anymore as few years before. Money rules and let's face it.

Just watch more banners poping up tomorrow!

Careful buying land with "sea view" in future....:-)

Also thought that this annoying small boat on Chaweng Beach was banned with the loudspeakers on it, announcing the good old "tonight, tonight, Chaweng Stadium, Chaweng stadium" anthem.

Absolute noise pollution and something that should be shot to the moon to never come back.

Roo, maybe they're building a Big C, finally, and this is the first sign?

Probably some BKK Airways stuff tho.

Limbos, Tesco are either extending or building a new site with a cinema,

Carefour coming & macro..........

You are right it's the same type of sign that they have at the airport,drove past today & it looks huuuuuuuge.

Rooo, it's massive!!

Where and when are Carre4 and Macro coming?

Cinema is long overdue on Samui, can't believe nobody tried one be4, sure a goldmine which will attract Thais, expats and tourists alike.

You gotta love it, standing up before the show starts!

Latest news;

Tesco Lotus will have the cinema, where currently the food market is. :D

Opposite or really close to Tesco Lotus there'll be a Foodland soon. :o

No gossip about Carrefour of Makro tho.............

Still not the slightest what the large blue skeleton is all about.

• 2 weeks later...
Latest news;

Opposite or really close to Tesco Lotus there'll be a Foodland soon. :D

It's gonna be a tiny cinema! I hope they go for EGV Gold Class, there's nothing like it. It'll probably turn out to be just like the one at Lotus in Surat though. They don't show a single subtitled film there though, it's all dubbed :o

Carrefour and Macro - well thats just crazy :o

Cinema is a good idea though, means I might have something different to do socially rather than sitting drinking beer on the beach every night

I wonder how pleasant it will actually be then. I mean I'm hardly old and decrepit, but some of these places (like Living Bowl in Chaweng) are nearly unbearable to be in after 45 minutes!

In Bkk there is usually a mixture of subtitles and dubbed in Thai, you just have to make sure you don't end up in the wrong film!

The cinema at Lotus in Surat is constantly packed full of teenagers and companies with stands holding promotions. I guess it's not such an adult thing the cinema here??? Still any addition to the nightlife here which doesn't include getting drunk, eating or drinking enough caffeine to keep you awake all month is a great thing in my book. We really need something to do afterwards...

Latest news;

Opposite or really close to Tesco Lotus there'll be a Foodland soon. :o

Herad that Foodland will be built on Ghost Road area. This place is getting bigger and bigger without any proper shop with farang supplies so it might be handy.

Never heard anything about Carefour or Macro.

VooDoo, where is the ghost road? ty

So called "Ghost road" is where Blessing Village and Old Skool Tavern are between Chaweng and Bang Rak. Take right turn after Chaweng Food Centre going towards Tesco. If you take that way you will reach Bang Rak beach. Sort of short cut instead of going around the island. Have a look at any Samui map.

Locals call this road Ghost road.

Many private houses and appartments for rent. Quiet and nice location.

Hope it was handy.... :-) cheers

VooDoo, where is the ghost road? ty

I think it's the road past the driving range and on the left at the intersection. Also known as Grandfather road 'cos of th egrandfather monument on there.

That's exactly the one.

Never heard of Grand father's road but I know what you mean. This monument has been built just this year I think but the road has it's name for years.

Anyway grandfather might be the ghost there... :-)

Rooo,

Saw the sign in Bophud also.

If they build Foodlands at the Ghost Road, they better widen the road and start shutting out all those trucks that use the road as a short cut.

Edited by limbos

Naomisri, the extension is actually behind the existing one.Of what I hear 3 stories with new supermarket & cinema. The proposed one at Nathon is an Express one with fresh produce.

As to what happens to the existing one ? I suppose it will be integrated somehow as a plaza.

• 1 month later...

New sign on cliff road,warning people about rock fall:

Beware Brick In Front.

Sign in Maenam , warning of water on the road ;

Ahead Water Beside. .

God bless them.

That rock fall looks a bit dangerous to me. There are new rocks falling down every day onto the road and they don't seem to be doing anything about it. My husband is convinced the big rock will come down one day! While I can't see it I guess anything is possible...

Absolute disgrace what they've done to that mountain to open up the land ontop, it's been around 4 years they've been trying to make a road up it, looks like they keep hitting rock and having to change the route of the road.

I heard it's a farang responsible aswell :o