Texting To And From Thailand

jsflynn603

Receiving a text, or a phone call, only costs the receiver if they are on their domestic tariff and they are roaming abroad. So, if I were to use my UK sim card whilst in Thailand, I would be charged for a text sent to me from anywhere.

However, if I use my Thai sim card in Thailand, I don't pay to receive anything.

So when you send a text to someone in Thailand, they don't get charged

DTAC charges me 5 THB per international text message.

are you on a specific promotion? apart from the obvious 5thb int'l sms promotion haha.

i send sms to dubai, india, etc. on the regular and sometimes dtac charges me 18thb, sometimes 5thb.

Hello,

Well if you , and the person you are texting too have an iphone or android mobile phone. You can use a free app called text plus which works over WIFI. Very simple application, plus they have wifi like everhwere here in Bangkok.

Hope this helps...

:jap:

DTAC charges me 5 THB per international text message.

are you on a specific promotion? apart from the obvious 5thb int'l sms promotion haha.

i send sms to dubai, india, etc. on the regular and sometimes dtac charges me 18thb, sometimes 5thb.

Nonsense...you are dreaming. HAPPY have been charging me 5.35 baht for years. The maximum 'normal' rate is 9.63 baht, nut I have not ever paid that, in seven years.

Any SMS message which is in Thai or contains both Thai and English characters altogether up to 70 characters (including vowels, spacing, and numbers) is counted as 1 message. English SMS of up to 160 characters (including spacing and numbers) is counted as 1 message. For any SMS containing more characters (including special characters and other language characters) than the specified amount in 1 message, calculation for the amount of characters per message will vary based on the system's technical rules.

so, considering that comes directly from DTAC's website, i'm reasonably comfortable in stating that i am not dreaming and that you are a <deleted>.