Speed And Traffic Cameras

rics21

there are lots of automatic speed and traffic junction cameras:

so we shall list them all?

in order to prevent others from falling into the traps the Traffic Police Department/ Highway Police Department setup for us all.

please help me to make my list a more accurate one, more info is needed too.

Automated Speed Cameras:

1. Kanchanphisek East, around 10km before the tollway at Rangsit Nakorn Nayok. - from Bang Na

2. Kanchanphisek East, around 10km before the tollway at Rangsit Nakorn Nayok. - from Bang Pa In

3. Bangkok Chonburi Motorway (the highway along Suvarnabhumi Airport towards Chonburi) its just after the Airport, i guess around 5km from the airport exit. - from Bangkok

4. Bangkok Chonburi Motorway (the highway along Suvarnabhumi Airport towards Chonburi) its just Before the Tollway, where there is a PTT Petrol station. - from Chonburi.

Manual Speed Cameras:

1. Highway on top of Bang Na trad, on top of Central Bang Na. the traffic police will be waiting to collect your license at the tollway. - from dao kanong - BANGKOK

2. Rama IX - Rachandaphisek tollway: there will be a Traffic Police (TP) with a speed camera is somewhere at the Phayathai Hospital. - from Ramkhampheng - BANGKOK

3. Rama IX - Rachandaphisek tollway: there will be a TP with a speed camera is somewhere under a bridge along the highway. - From City - BANGKOK

4. Ngamwongwan Tollway: there is always a TP near to the Muengthong thani entrance, with a speed camera. their waiting point is at the tollway station. - BANGKOK

5. Highway along Udon thani towards Nongkhai, there are at least 2 speed cameras working along this 50km from 9am - 3pm daily. - Udon Thani (more accurate location will be posted soon)

Automated Traffice Cameras: approx 60 junctions in Bangkok now.

1. Nida Junction at Bang kapi - Bangkok

2. Rama VI Junction along Phayathai - Bangkok

3. Sathorn - Rama IV junction -BANGKOK

4. Rama IX - Ram Intra/Ek Narong Junction - Bangkok

5. Sukhumnvit - Rachandaphisek Junction - Bangkok

• 1 month later...

400 thb a time and they are growing in numbers just received this through this post and would be very grateful if some one could translate it all for me just as a matter of interest wife has gone off to pay it today

post-21154-0-23516300-1295849568_thumb.j

and the other page received

post-21154-0-17704300-1295849704_thumb.j

A guy on here said try thai-language.com - Dictionary. it's pretty good.

or Google it will give you some idea.

1. Kanchanphisek East, around 10km before the tollway at Rangsit Nakorn Nayok. - from Bang Na

2. Kanchanphisek East, around 10km before the tollway at Rangsit Nakorn Nayok. - from Bang Pa In

I often drive this stretch of road. Never seen the cameras. What do they look like?

I have since found out if you dont pay the fine when the time comes to tax the car that is when they catch up with you by putting a notice on the tax and you have to pay a higher fine then

plus regard to the speed it was on a 90kmh road and the 120 figure relates to the camera is my guess so in fact 31km over the speed limit it would be

I have since found out if you dont pay the fine when the time comes to tax the car that is when they catch up with you by putting a notice on the tax and you have to pay a higher fine then

plus regard to the speed it was on a 90kmh road and the 120 figure relates to the camera is my guess so in fact 31km over the speed limit it would be

Yes, owner is responsible to have the fine payed. If not payed, noted in DLT computer and new tax sticker can not be issued before higher fine is payed, thus vehicle not road legal any more

In your case it looks like a 120kmh road, speedlimited at time of check to 80kmh as often is on expressway, thus fined for 41 kmh over speed limit.

As far as I know, all speedcameras are set on +120kmh and cover right lane only. Speedchecks (laser or radar) on Highways are usually also +120 kmh even if speedlimit is 90kmh.

If the Thais are going to get this petty, I would like to bring back a radar/speed camera detector. Anyone know what system these cameras are using to determine your speed and whether a radar detector from the USA or some other country will work here?

If the Thais are going to get this petty, I would like to bring back a radar/speed camera detector. Anyone know what system these cameras are using to determine your speed and whether a radar detector from the USA or some other country will work here?

from what I have gathered it is a lazer beam detector

you can buy one here in LOS, check another speed thread here in motoring

but as the fines are limited to max 1000 baht, and usually 200 in speedtraps and 400 camera traps by post, why bother?