Honest Mechanic In Chiang Mai

dbrisinda

I have used a great mechanaic as well as a great guy for over 14 years now... Have recommended him to probably 50 others with not one complaint.

His shop is on the north Canal road on the way to the 700 yr stadium.. If this area is agreeable to you contact me and I will give you his contact details.

Gonzo

Mechanic for what? There are lots of good motorcycle mechanics, but for autos it all depends on make and model.

Sorry, but i disagree. For new cars, use your Maker, but for other older cars, I know of most shops accepting most cars with most problems. There are a lot of honest mechanics in town, but there are fewer qualified mechanics, in my experience :)

Thanks for the input everyone.

Yes, I was assuming second-hand auto mechanics -- apologies for not making that clearer. Specifically, Hyundai (1997), if that makes any difference. But I suspect if parts can be sourced, then it would just boil down to honesty and competency.

Mechanic for what? There are lots of good motorcycle mechanics, but for autos it all depends on make and model.

Sorry, but i disagree. For new cars, use your Maker, but for other older cars, I know of most shops accepting most cars with most problems. There are a lot of honest mechanics in town, but there are fewer qualified mechanics, in my experience :)

What are you disagreeing with? Are you saying there aren't good motorcycle mechanics in Chiang Mai? As far as cars are concerned it DOES matter what make and model the OP is talking about. You've already backed up my comment about cars. Newer autos and trucks have computerized mechanics. it not only takes the proper equipment but qualified mechanics. Older model autos and trucks can be fixed by the old fashioned mechanic who could strip any older vehicle apart and put it back together. You should see the vehicles that Cubans keep running after 40 years of constant service. You'll find the same thing in the countryside of Thailand.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun DBrisinda,

Please check out our previous post here on our positive experience with Khun Somkhot : Khun Somkhot's Garage

On that thread you will find some other reports of positive experiences with both his shop, and another shop near his. You can PM me for his phone number if needed.

best, ~o:37;