Cold Season

Sinblesser

Wow, the basher got bashed...!! In the cold I hope... :D

Sure is windy today. I woke up this morning, saw cooking pots base jumping off the shelves in my neighbor's and there was this red plastic chair that did a perfect drift on the road right in front of my house.

Google weather says it's gonna be a chilly 17'c tonight...

How's everyone else doing today?

Windy in Buri Ram, and even a bit of rain early Wednesday morning. The wind's still not a consistant Northerly, but the cold change is coming.

Windy in Buri Ram, and even a bit of rain early Wednesday morning. The wind's still not a consistant Northerly, but the cold change is coming.

Went to the temple this morning to offer food at 7am.

It was unbearable outdoors.

If it's gonna get colder, I'm gonna get more firewood. You guys enjoy bonfire as much as me? I love it.

But seeing how everything is so dry at the moment, there's a serious concern on fire hazard. So far I've been only managed a small fire in my yard. Not at all fulfilling.

Why isn't sitting in front of the fire with grill and beer a national past time?

We should have a get-together cook out or some gathering.

Cheers~

Wherefore art thou? We are in Southern Buriram ,about 15 kms from Cambodia.Me ? I detest cold.Last year, I had ,_-wait for it , yes I had ---------------- an electric blanket sent over from Oz. .Just wonderful to hop into a toasty warm bed at night.15 minutes is all it takes to nicely warm it up.Seriously, though ,I have a friend who suffers from really bad Arthritis.I talked him into getting one-He now gets up in the morning , with no frozen joints. Reckons it's the best thing since sliced bread.Thoroughly recommended for Arthritis sufferers,A truly horrible affliction

@afarang

I'm about 40km east of Mueng Roi Et.

The electric blanket, I'm dying to get me hands on one. You had to ship it in from Australia, any chance I can get one in LOS Issan? Reliable brands?

Last night was evil, I went to a bungalow in Yasothon just for the hot water shower. Stayed there for two hours till 9pm and went for groceries at Big C. Was about 10pm when I started my way home. GUESS WHAT...!!??

18 wheeler hauling gas overturned, my only road was closed. 20km journey became 74km.

Anyone affected by this? Chang Sanit 23 from Yasothon towards Surin?

@Prakhonchai nick

I'm a suck3r for cold I admit. I do not hail from a cold place unlike most here. I'm from Singapore. A tropical, humid and HOT island country.

@Bergen and Barryofthailand

Your tolerance for cold is commendable. Both you not messin with me right?

If I'm at 21'c I'll stay indoors.

If I'm at 17'c I'll stay in bed and hibernate till it's as warm outside as under the covers..!!

Cheers to all.

Edited by Sinblesser

Never seen them in Thailand.try googling for them .In Aust, now is summer,so normally very cheap at this time of year. Let me know how you get on. Have problems ,I may be able to help, find some one to shop for you. Sorry you live so far from us.Bill

@afarang

I'm about 40km east of Mueng Roi Et.

The electric blanket, I'm dying to get me hands on one. You had to ship it in from Australia, any chance I can get one in LOS Issan? Reliable brands?

Last night was evil, I went to a bungalow in Yasothon just for the hot water shower. Stayed there for two hours till 9pm and went for groceries at Big C. Was about 10pm when I started my way home. GUESS WHAT...!!??

18 wheeler hauling gas overturned, my only road was closed. 20km journey became 74km.

Anyone affected by this? Chang Sanit 23 from Yasothon towards Surin?

@Prakhonchai nick

I'm a suck3r for cold I admit. I do not hail from a cold place unlike most here. I'm from Singapore. A tropical, humid and HOT island country.

If I'm at 17'c I'll stay in bed and hibernate till it's as warm outside as under the covers..!!

Cheers to all.

Is the weather in Singapore hotter than Thailand? 17 & 21 by no means is cold.

Barry

Singapore actually do have four seasons. Hot, rain, hotter, hottest.

Alright that was lame... 555...

I cannot reference all of Thailand but it is much much hotter than issan in cold season. I'll say Singapore is as hot; if not hotter than issan in April. We are a concrete jungle.

I know 17-19'c is nothing to you guys, but I am not used to it. Hence big worry for my folks who's comin over...

The cold isn't too kind on elder folks who lived in warm climates all their lives.

@Prakhonchai nick

Cheers to all.

I feel for you, I really do :) I didn't want to chip in on this thread, not being in Isaan myself but the comments about the UK and your low temp intolerance makes my comment kinda on-topic (I hope), If it was 17C here I'd be outside in my shorts! :lol:

Just had a conversation with my g/f (up in Chiang Rai) and we did the usual (her) "I'm so cold! Now it's near near 15C!" cue me rolling about laughing! -2 outside and, maybe 15C in the house with the heating on full blast! :lol:

I don't think we have a tolerance for it, just got no bloody choice! :)

Anyway, I hope you warm up a bit and get to feel more comfortable.

For the guy who's arriving here.... wrap up warm mate!

Cheers,

Biff

I'm screwed.

It's 14'c tonight and tomorrow.

It rained early today morning and from noon till now the wind's been absolutely ferocious.

The cold I can live with, it's the shower time that's murderous.

I played soccer for 4 hours and my shirt was dry.

My dogs are crying in my yard.

Even my in-laws and shaking. My heart goes to the villagers that live on the edges of the paddies. I hope they have a good fire going. But given the wind and the dry landscape, any fire's gonna become a serious hazard.

I feel for you, I really do :) I didn't want to chip in on this thread, not being in Isaan myself but the comments about the UK and your low temp intolerance makes my comment kinda on-topic (I hope), If it was 17C here I'd be outside in my shorts! :lol:

Just had a conversation with my g/f (up in Chiang Rai) and we did the usual (her) "I'm so cold! Now it's near near 15C!" cue me rolling about laughing! -2 outside and, maybe 15C in the house with the heating on full blast! :lol:

Cheers,

Biff

I have arrived - been back in the UK for a week. I am not suited to -2, especially where the wind-chill factor takes it down to - 10.

Had the same conversation with my GF this evening who was complaining about how cold the wind was - outside temperature 21 degrees, inside 25 !

Only 3 weeks to go :)

Cheers,

Biff

I have arrived - been back in the UK for a week. I am not suited to -2, especially where the wind-chill factor takes it down to - 10.

Had the same conversation with my GF this evening who was complaining about how cold the wind was - outside temperature 21 degrees, inside 25 !

Only 3 weeks to go :)

Stop counting, makes it easier. 3 weeks will fly by I assure you. I know you can do it. :D

And please come back as soon as you can, your beer's getting cold... ^^

Also,

Dear Biff, everytime I read your post I feel a little better.

Thanks for making my day. It may be cold outside, but knowing that someone whose face I don't even know yet feels for me makes me warm inside.

Cheers to all,

Sinblesser