Where Are You Spending Christmas This Year?

Junglejingle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edinburgh, Scotland - can't wait to see my family and a few friends.

Could you pop into the Cafe Royal and submit my apologies. I'm not sure Wee Andy is getting his emails, so he might turn up on spec...

Although I suppose your kind offer of a vicarious trip to Diggers was generous enough.

Who's going to look after the cat?

I remember Christmas '85 I looked after the cat of the ladies' student house next door - it was not used to solitary confinement and was delighted to have company - it tore round the room like a motorcyclist on the wall of death...

I'll be staying here, and the family are coming down from Bangkok for a week or two; we've been lucky to avoid the worst of the snow, and with the Sun in the South just now, the pool deck is in shade...

SC

SC

Could you pop into the Cafe Royal and submit my apologies. I'm not sure Wee Andy is getting his emails, so he might turn up on spec...

Although I suppose your kind offer of a vicarious trip to Diggers was generous enough.

I remember Christmas '85 I looked after the cat of the ladies' student house next door - it was not used to solitary confinement and was delighted to have company - it tore round the room like a motorcyclist on the wall of death...

I'll be staying here, and the family are coming down from Bangkok for a week or two; we've been lucky to avoid the worst of the snow, and with the Sun in the South just now, the pool deck is in shade...

SC

SC

Dunno about the Cafè Royal, but shall deffo try and get up to Diggers. I guess it all depends on the weather, whether we will want to go out on the town.

A friend is popping in twice a day to feed Jimmy and other friends may use my flat to crash in if they are in town. It's only for a week, so I hope he will be OK. I am already starting to worry about him!!! Silly me!!

SC

SC

Dunno about the Cafè Royal, but shall deffo try and get up to Diggers. I guess it all depends on the weather, whether we will want to go out on the town.

A friend is popping in twice a day to feed Jimmy and other friends may use my flat to crash in if they are in town. It's only for a week, so I hope he will be OK. I am already starting to worry about him!!! Silly me!!

He'll be fine! What could possibly go wrong? - no - pretend i never said that....

The Cafe Royal, or maybe the pub next door whose name eludes me, (I think the latter) has one of the best pub ceilings I can recall - better than the name of the pub,

It's a terrible thing, but I can't think of a pub in Embra I'd really like to go to - the Tap went the way of the Coal Board building it was housed in, and there's pubs nearby would bring on some nostalgia, but their main attraction was their convenience (as in close to where I lived, not as in 'the bootwash'). I doubt the jazz band in the Navaar Hotel is as good as it was, since the members will all be well into decreptitude by now; I went to the Doctors last time I was in town and it was not as good as the nostalgia of old.

I suppose its a milennium thing. The Doomsday Book is full of it

"Humblesaxonshire: Four villages and one olde pub, but much spoilt by the new cartway, and scarce like it was in days gone by, according to storeys tolde to me by my father's father's olde mate."

We'll be getting our knuckles rapped for notthainess (pronounced naughtiness) so to make it relevant, my family will be coming to visit from Bangkok to get away from the cold weather, and we'll be taking a pleasant trip to the seaside - andaman side, I think

SC

• 1 month later...

SC

SC

So? You must be sober enough to tell us how it went by now, surely?

(Ha ha - I love that Airplane film!)

SC

I had a very sober hogmanay, bar a little bit of stopping off on the way home and a slightly narrower than near miss the morning after...

Actually,that was Christmas.... Hogmanay was very sober, with a bit of feeling left out and some dreadful traffic.

SC