Any Farrangs In Nongkhai

rio666uk

Hi All - does anyone know of any TV Members living in Nongkhai? My wife has been offered some land in a good location, 50 metres or so back from the main road, electricity and water already servicing nearby houses. Its being sold by a family member whom Ive not yet met, and we are waiting for them to get back to my wifes mama with a price.

Can anyone give me an idea of price per rai or what you would consider fair from this brief description.

Cheers

Price of land is dependent on many factors you have not given enough detail.If in Nong Khai what main road is it near? what is it suitable for?Remember it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and watch out for farang 'loading'.

Price of land is dependent on many factors you have not given enough detail.If in Nong Khai what main road is it near? what is it suitable for?Remember it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay and watch out for farang 'loading'.

The Main Road is shown at this link - labled 2026, Saka to Bung khong long and continuing until it reaches the Mekong turning left following the river back towards Nongkhai or right to Nakhon Phanom Province.

http://isan.sawadee.com/nongkhai/map.htm

We would use this land to build a house on as others around here have done, however among the scrub land either side some locals have small rubber plantations and fish farms. The land sits at the top of a very slight incline - but enough to force the rice to be grown several hundred metres further away where it levels out and creates a natural flood plain.

Thanks, I hope thats a bit more helpfull

No one seems to want to stick their neck out and give you a price range so I'll give it a try. First please remember that I live in the North so I may be missing the mark here but I'll try to give you a ball park idea...a really big ball park idea.

You say that the property is 50 meters back from the road. If this mean that there is no road to the property then the value is lower. If there is no place to put a road to the property (there is no land dedicated for a road and no one wants to do this for you) then the value is much lower. Find out how deep the neighbors' wells are and how much water they get...if they are really deep then the value is lower.

The cheapest land you could expect to ever buy anywhere in Thailand is probably 10,000 to 15,000 baht and this stuff would be well away from main roads with no acces for a road available and no electricity for hundreds of meters. The land you are considering seems to be worth more than this 'cause its near a road with power....so it seems like 20,000 to 30,000 baht would be an almost unheard of value...a really good bargain indeed. Since there are neighbors nearby then you are not isolated so really the 40,000 to 50,000 baht price range would probably be a very good price. I'd say if the plot is fairly large then maybe 40 to 50 is about right....if it is small...say 1 or 2 rai...then probably 60 to 90 thousand is about right ...I spent 75,000 for 6 rai that was 150 meters from a small road and 85,000 for 5 rai on the same main road but I am within 30 km of the city of Chiang Rai so prices are probably a bit higher here than where you are looking since you are farther from a large city..I think. But when people comment that land is worth whatever people are willing to pay...they are exactly right...in Thailand it seems that a lot of land goes for alot more than you would expect or the asking price is really high and people never sell it but they won't lower the price either. One of our neighbors has 11 rai and asks 100,000 baht per rai because back in the boom days someone offered him 150,000 and he turned the offer down....reallistically its only worth 85,000 since its just like the 5 rai that we bought...unless someone really wants that exact piece of land...someone might buy it...definitely not me. Also if the plot you are looking at is only 1/2 rai or so then they may consider it to be a building lot and want 100,000 to 200,000 baht for it....I've heard of this price many times but find it hard to believe anyone would pay that much unless you are very near or in a large town or small city. But if you consider that its a family deal then if you pay a bit extra and you can afford it it might not be worth the hassle to try to save a small amount.

REmember I live in the north so there is a lot of guesswork here.

Still difficult to value. If its back from the main road price will drop would have thought around 100,000b-250,000b but could be lower or higher, many Thais have unrealistic values on their land for sale and just sit back and wait and wait! What is it worth to you?

Stevesudon.com has a 3 rai plot not far outside Nong Khai town for 1,2m so could be more though this one looks on the high side.You need to ask around locally there is always land for sale.Ask at the local shop.They can tell you whats for sale and what sold recently everyone knows everybodies business up here.Another site is FBI realestate.Check out Udon map.com.

Thanks guys and appologies for not giving such a clear picture - we're in the UK at the moment so its hard to put into words.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...cmd=si&img=1281

Is a pic showing my wifes family home which is set back about 5 metres from the main road. Both the mains water and electricity run along the main road.

In the photo to the right of the house you can just see a dirt road - this runs for about another 30 metres (not 50) away from the main road - this ends at a "T" and joins another dirt road that runs parallel to the main road. Every 3 or 4 houses (100metres plus) another dirt road joins back out to the main road. You can see a building in the background left that sits on the dirt road running parallel at the back of the house.

I cant check the water table as Im in the UK at the moment, but on my last trip i peered down into a few recently built wells and reckon about 3-5 meters is average (but this is from memory).

The land is in a good location from my wifes point of view with regard to moving back to Issan and building a home near to her family and friends, Im not overly bothered but it is close to the main road and services so would be more practical than many other locations.

Spent many a year looking at plots in Nong Khai and ray23 has also done a good bit of searching.

Where you say is way,way from the capital and as it's not in a town or on the perimeter has no potential commercial value.Just land suitable for a home really and not on a paved road.Nong Khai is full of thousands of similar small plots for sale and if you start enquiring in an area you soon develop a huge queue of farmers wanting you to view the land they have for sale.

With no hard access and its location i would say a rai would go for 30,000 to 50,000 Baht.However should you wish to sell in the future you will not get your money back.Invest but don't invest what you cannot lose. :o

Hi All - does anyone know of any TV Members living in Nongkhai?  My wife has been offered some land in a good location, 50 metres or so back from the main road, electricity and water already servicing nearby houses.  Its being sold by a family member whom Ive not yet met, and we are waiting for them to get back to my wifes mama with a price.

Can anyone give me an idea of price per rai or what you would consider fair from this brief description.

Cheers

First Things First, (as Peter Kay might say!) You need to see an original copy of the land title. A chanote will be sand coloured paper and have a red coloured Thai "eagle" and this is the best document to be working with. check on the back to see if there are mortgages or leases outstanding.

The only other document to deal with safely is Ngor Sor Saam Gor, this will have a green coloured Thai "eagle" logo on it. Again check the back for leases or mortgage.

Any other document its better not to bother getting involved with unless your paying 30,000 and can afford to walk away.

Get a non interest party to translate the docs for you, take a trip to the local land office to discuss further. only when you are happy that the title are good and true and you are buying from the "owner" should you even start to discuss "value"

As for the values, gotta agree with Chonwah.

Get your hands on the land titles, and then start negotiating...and dont forget to smile nicley. start low :o

Both the mains water and electricity run along the main road.

In the photo to the right of the house you can just see a dirt road - this runs for about another 30 metres (not 50) away from the main road - this ends at a "T" and joins another dirt road that runs parallel to the main road.  Every 3 or 4 houses (100metres plus) another dirt road joins back out to the main road.  You can see a building in the background left that sits on the dirt road running parallel at the back of the house.

Also find out how much you will have to pay to have lecky and water run up to this land.

Most importantly find out about to the 20 meter gap between the "parrallel road" and the land "that is in a good location from the wifes point of view". Whose land is this this 20 meters???? what happens if the owner builds on it or denies you access across it??? I'm not trying to put a downer on you plans, just trying to make sure you dont buy a white elephant! good luck anyway. remember you can rent here for pennies and buying land and building houses is a potential bankrupcy scenario!

Either side of main roads in Nong Khai there is a strip of land that is government owned and is normally edged by electricity pylons.You can put an access road across the strip.

Edited by aletta