Astro

Trickcyclist

Thats a pretty good price from jsat, they seem to have bought their price into line with local Thai suppliers.

Bear in mind there will be a one off ASTRO network joining fee, 3k bht if memory serves me right and a decent viewing package will cost about 11k bht a year in advance but still alot cheaper than TRUE.

Thats a pretty good price from jsat, they seem to have bought their price into line with local Thai suppliers.

Bear in mind there will be a one off ASTRO network joining fee, 3k bht if memory serves me right and a decent viewing package will cost about 11k bht a year in advance but still alot cheaper than TRUE.

Quoting "Astro are advertising a BAHT16,000 package providing the above."...... I assume you are talking about the initial set up charge?

http://www.jsat.tv/f...an-network.html

If so the price for this is good.... plus they (Jsat) are offering a 6' dish... which may be better... although on the whole I cannot complain about the reception I get using the smaller dish...(on Samui) Even in the heaviest rains (clouds) something comes in...

The larger dish may help the HD channels, too..... those are always first to go in cloud or rain...... but generally I have been pleased with the programing choices ( I have the 3 mini package, without movies... which was a little less than 15,000 baht, for the year, plus the set up charges. )....

When I worked out the cost, yes it was higher initially, but worked over 3 years it's cheaper & better than True.......

I know several people on Samui who use Astro & seem to be happy with it...

As for this "grey area" of legality, I am not sure, but unless the Satellite is moved (unlikely!) I cannot see that they could block the signal....

Hi samuijimmy.

I just went back over the invoice I got from my ASTRO supplier based in Nakhon Pathom. I live just north of Kanchanaburi.

For everything, setup, equipment, joining fee and card was 24k bht.

I have a 6 ft dish and subscribe to the Sports, Learning, News and Metro packages.

Bargain imho when comparing to TRUE.