Dtac Announces Data Plans For iPad With Wi-Fi + 3G In Thailand

webfact

dtac Announces Data Plans for iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G in Thailand

dtac announced it will offer dedicated data plans for iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G in Thailand beginning December 3.

All data plans will be available without a contract, providing the freedom to activate or cancel a plan at any time.

iPad allows users to connect with their apps and content in a more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before. Users can browse the web, read and send email, enjoy and share photos, watch HD videos, listen to music, play games, read ebooks and much more, all using iPad's revolutionary Multi-Touch user interface. iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G models are just 0.5 inches thick and weigh just 1.6 pounds - thinner and lighter than any laptop or netbook—and deliver up to 10 hours of battery life for surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching videos or listening to music, and up to nine hours of surfing the web using a 3G data network.*

"We are excited to launch data plans for iPad which is a highly anticipated device among Thai consumers," said Pakorn Pannachet, Senior Vice President - Products Division, Total Access Communication Public Company Limited (dtac). "With dtac's superior data-oriented network, we believe customers will enjoy using the full range of features from this amazing device."

For further information on iPad internet plans, please visit www.dtac.co.th/ipad.

For more information about iPad please visit www.apple.com/ipad.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-12-02

How can they offer a 3G plan if there is NO 3G yet, or is there 3G but not yet officially, or is it not 3G but 2.5G which is almost 3 (rounding errors), or is it just crap?

It's like all the 3G mobile phones sold in Thailand .... they are 3G backward compatible .... you can use a 3G iPad for (mobile phone) internet connections, email etc ... same same mobile phones ... it's a data plan for 3G iPad not a "3G data plan"

The question is:

Should I buy the 3g version this weekend or stick with wifi only?

I just looked at the DTAC page. In Thai it says 650 pm + 1 baht per mb for "borigan suan geun" which I take to mean service for over........well over what.

In any case it's too much for me,

Is it possible to use a 7/11 prepaid card for emergency 3g use (I would like to have that ability), or shall I forget the 3g?

650's out of the question.

cheers John

Get the 3g version, as you may not always have access to wifi, right? Get the new AIS 12call Internet mini sim card. Activate it on a phone, then move it to the ipad.

99 baht for 30 hours of 200kbps or more speeds. Great for emails and surfing. Renew it every 30 days or whenever you run out of time.

I hardly ever use all 30 hours on it, as I do wifi a lot. But the option is there. With a wifi only ipad, that option is gone.

Now thats exactly the kind of specific info I was looking for Somtam! I shall follow yr advice to the letter.

While you're here, do I need more than 32gb?

I would like a couple of movies for a train journey but no other very big files. Yes keep my music collection, but mostly just ability to browse and work on text documents or sketchup.

Anotehr question.....ride a bike a lot so need some a strong case. I am thinking of asking someone to bring a Zaggmate case (with keyboard) from the US so I can take the iPad everywhere and work. http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate.php

What do you think of that one (anything similar here locally?) and is there anythin else I should buy or be aware of?

Thanx......

Edited by sleepyjohn

Now thats exactly the kind of specific info I was looking for Somtam! I shall follow yr advice to the letter.

While you're here, do I need more than 32gb?

I would like a couple of movies for a train journey but no other very big files. Yes keep my music collection, but mostly just ability to browse and work on text documents or sketchup.

Anotehr question.....ride a bike a lot so need some a strong case. I am thinking of asking someone to bring a Zaggmate case (with keyboard) from the US so I can take the iPad everywhere and work. http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate.php

What do you think of that one (anything similar here locally?) and is there anythin else I should buy or be aware of?

Thanx......

HI. I made the mistake of getting the 16 gig. I am down to 7 gigs. Loads of pdf files, and tons of podcasts. It fills up quick. 32 is reasonable. But for a couple grand more, you get 64 gig. So why not get the 64 gig? I bought mine before the Ipad got here, so I paid dearly for it, hence the low gig version. Actually, I may sell mine and get the 64 gig. I need the space.

On cases, the one with the built in keyboard sounds like tons of fun. I can type fine off the Ipad keyboard, but that particular case really has me thinking. If you do a lot of typing (writing seriously long letters or whatever) then get it. Otherwise, the local keyboard is ok.

Get bluetooth headphones, so you are not tied to the Ipad. Matte screen protector for glare control and just enjoy the dang thing. I love mine to death. Do not bother buying any other peripherals for it until you have had a chance to play with it. You will then figure out your needs for a docking station, additional speakers or a better case.