Bandwidth Woes

pedro01

Hi All

I'm using loxinfo 2Mb leased line at my office. The speed has been abysmal over the past week or so. We mostly use telnet to work on the servers at our parent company in LA.

The thing is - the bandwidth to USA web sites also sucks at the moment - Going to the bandwidth meter on www.2wire.com shows the bandwidth at abour 140kbps - other bandwidth meters are giving up after a few minutes.

Is anyone else suffering at the moment ?

Are there any real alternatives out there ? I've just about had enough ? Any ISPs with their own international lines ?

Any network consultants out there think they can solve the problem ?

Cheers

Pete

TRUE (Asianet) is now advising CAT will still be working on the undersea cable until the 20th.  CAT CAT CAT  :o

Have not noticed any reduction in speed I thought they may have postponed the work.

10:10 PM Pattaya Maxnet4home

Speed Meter

Your bandwidth was clocked at

467.40 Kbps

Edited by kid

Are there any real alternatives out there ? I've just about had enough ? Any ISPs with their own international lines ?

True uses most of CAT's Internet bandwidth, and from what I hear, CAT is legally blocking them from purchasing any international links of their own to relieve the constant bandwidth shortage. Monoplies at work...