Expect Slow Network

Wash

I recieved this notice from Loxinfo and just want to alert everyone about the expected network slowness for a few days:

"Dear Valued Subscribers,

CS LoxInfo would like to inform you that CAT Telecom Public Company Limited (CAT) has a schedule for Thailand - Singapore Optical Fibre Submarine Cable Network maintainance from 07:00 am. of August 11, 2005 to 07:00 am. of August 16, 2005 (5 days).

Therefore, all Internet users of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) in Thailand including CS LoxInfo's subscribers may experience slow speed when access international website or network during above period.

We are sorry for any inconvenience."

Follow up notice I recieved from Loxinfo:

"

Dear Valued Subscribers,

According to our annoucement of Thailand - Singapore Optical Fibre Submarine Cable Network maintainance by CAT Telecom Public Company Limited (CAT) during August 11 - 16, 2005, the plan has been extended to 04:00 pm.

of August 20, 2005.

During the maintenance period, customer may experience slow speed when access International website, information or network.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards,"

After a quick call to LoxInfo, I got a voice message claiming that they were experiencing telco problems from TOT and TT&T so there is nothing they can do. Even locally it doesn't work. What an experience ADSL in this country is :o

Edited by Butterfly