WikiLeaks website again offline after company cuts DNS service

News_Editor

It would appear he has yet another woman paying his "train" fare. That old credit card dodge works well in his case.

"Victorian MEAA branch secretary Louise Connor said Mr Assange had contacted the Alliance in November just as the "cablegate" story began to break.

She said he noted at the time that his credit card had been cancelled and he might not be able to pay his union dues.

It had been decided to waive his union dues, she said."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/8554858/assange-to-become-meaa-member/

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of makes one wonder if Julian loves Australia that much and if the Aussies love him that much why the F*** does he not go back to Australia to live.

Makes me wonder if you hate the US & the US hates you? Or do you have freedom of choice as to where you live & Assange does not?

I think it is LaoPo that is the big advocate of attacking the post instead of the poster.

Your post is a prime example.

I was talking about Julian Assange and you managed to work in your anti American prejudice as you do with almost all of your posts.

But I have a thicker skin than LaoPo.

My post was directed at Khun Aussie52 who is giving us all an education in how to violate the Thai Visa Fair Use Policy again.

Under the fair use policy, you can quote only the first three sentences of the article and then link to the story.

This is done for legal reasons as well as keeping the threads from getting cluttered when articles are quoted.

The fact that I think Julian is a screwed-up, bitter geek with a grudge against the institutions of the West as do most Brits has left me wondering why he should stay in Britain. One would think by reading Khun Aussie 52's violation of the TV Fair Use policy that he would want to move back to a place that liked him a bit.

If articles appeared in the Thai media calling me a Megalomaniac Sleazeball I would consider moving to a more hospitable atmosphere.

It would appear he has yet another woman paying his "train" fare. That old credit card dodge works well in his case.

"Victorian MEAA branch secretary Louise Connor said Mr Assange had contacted the Alliance in November just as the "cablegate" story began to break.

She said he noted at the time that his credit card had been cancelled and he might not be able to pay his union dues.

http://au.news.yahoo...me-meaa-member/

Then you have very little understanding of Australian culture.We give people a "fair go".

Unlike American banks who have found him guilty as charged!!!!

Kind of makes one wonder if Julian loves Australia that much and if the Aussies love him that much why the F*** does he not go back to Australia to live.

I was talking about Julian Assange and you managed to work in your anti American prejudice as you do with almost all of your posts.

Puleeze...I live in the US you do not.

I was just pointing out how one sided as always your hateful posts are.

You make claims against someone ( Assange in this case) but if the same criteria is used for your decision as to where you choose to live you do not like it....

You in turn try as always to make everything out that disagrees with you to either be a flame or a US hate post....Un-True on both counts but thanks for trying.

Edited by flying

Puleeze...I live in the US you do not.

I was just pointing out how one sided as always your hateful posts are.

You make claims against someone ( Assange in this case) but if the same criteria is used for your decision as to where you choose to live you do not like it....

You in turn try as always to make everything out that disagrees with you to either be a flame or a US hate post....Un-True on both counts but thanks for trying.

Try responding to my posts instead of me for a change. LaoPo says this is a good thing to do. Why would you compare me to Julian Assange? Would I have sex with a Swedish lesbian? I am not anywhere near that stupid. I am not a brain trust but come on.

Then you have very little understanding of Australian culture.We give people a "fair go".

It was not until five years after the police raid that the case again him was finalised. Pleading guilty to 24 charges, he was fined the equivalent of about £900 and placed on a good behaviour bond.

County Court Judge Leslie Ross said at the time he believed Assange had hacked into computer systems purely to empower himself, and not for any personal gain. But he warned that if Assange had not had such a disrupted childhood he would have gone to jail for up to ten years.

You now have this black mark against your name. If there is any repetition of this behaviour, I would have thought your chances of avoiding a jail sentence would be very slim.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340057/WikiLeaks-boss-Assange-fathered-son-girl-17--learned-dark-arts-hacking-rundown-cottage.html

Try responding to my posts instead of me for a change. LaoPo says this is a good thing to do. Why would you compare me to Julian Assange? Would I have sex with a Swedish lesbian? I am not anywhere near that stupid. I am not a brain trust but come on.

I did respond to your post in which you asked why the F%#$ does he not go back to Australia if blah blah blah

I asked the same Question of you using the same criteria you did to illustrate the blindness towards freedom of choice in your post

As to these other silly things you now ask about Swedish ladies & your claims of intelligence in those matters...Do you now want a response to that?...Better not.....Anyway......Off Topic

Edited by flying

:cheesy:

I have an Aussie coming as my house guest over New Years. I'll ask his opinion of Assange.

He's an intelligence officer though, so his opinion probably wouldn't count in your world.

I did respond to your post in which you asked why the F%#$ does he not go back to Australia if blah blah blah

I asked the same Question of you using the same criteria you did to illustrate the blindness towards freedom of choice in your post

As to these other silly things you now ask about Swedish ladies & your claims of intelligence in those matters...Do you now want a response to that?...Better not.....Anyway......Off Topic

I don't think Julian wants to go back to Australia because he already has a criminal record there and might face jail time because of his criminal past in Australia if he was convicted of anything else.

Also from the Aussie women I have met when they say, “NO” they mean NO and would not wimp around with niceties and likely smack the guy.

Perhaps I have been mislead with a national stereotype or the Aussie's I have served with in the Army but they seem a bit more masculine in appearance and actions than Julian comes across.

Given Julian spent some time in Australia I doubt if he would have the support he manages to gather in Europe.

Assange will not be in any danger of being put in jail in Australia, even with previous convictions. The Federal Police have already stated he has not commited any offence by Australian law. It may be that he would be safer coming here, but then again, the way our government and previous government bends over and takes it from the US govt, maybe not.

I think your comment on Aussie women is a bit too generalised. Yes some would smack the guy out, others wouldn't.

:cheesy:

I have an Aussie coming as my house guest over New Years. I'll ask his opinion of Assange.

He's an intelligence officer though, so his opinion probably wouldn't count in your world.

I will take your comment with a grain of salt.

Your sarcasm falls on deaf ears :whistling:

It was not until five years after the police raid that the case again him was finalised. Pleading guilty to 24 charges, he was fined the equivalent of about £900 and placed on a good behaviour bond.

County Court Judge Leslie Ross said at the time he believed Assange had hacked into computer systems purely to empower himself, and not for any personal gain. But he warned that if Assange had not had such a disrupted childhood he would have gone to jail for up to ten years.

You now have this black mark against your name. If there is any repetition of this behaviour, I would have thought your chances of avoiding a jail sentence would be very slim.'

http://www.dailymail...wn-cottage.html

How brave mark45y to dig up an article from a tabloid newspaper with old news from 19 years ago when Assange was 20 years old.

Well done, although the tabloid doesn't surprise me with all those beautiful girls in there; your specialty ;)

LaoPo

http://www.dailymail...wn-cottage.html

How brave mark45y to dig up an article from a tabloid newspaper with old news from 19 years ago when Assange was 20 years old.

Well done, although the tabloid doesn't surprise me with all those beautiful girls in there; your specialty ;)

LaoPo

It is interesting that I have read a number of posts by you recently advising posters to limit their discussions to the material in the post and not attack the poster personally.

Although you seem to be able to give out this good advise you don't seem to be able to absorb or practice it yourself. You said, “Well done, although the tabloid doesn't surprise me with all those beautiful girls in there; your specialty.” Perhaps you could tell me what that has to do with the news story I posted? Perhaps you could tell me why I should not interpret that as a personal insult? What does your belief that beautiful girls being my specialty have to do with a story of Julian Assange being convicted of computer crime in Australia?

I posted a verifiable news story about a 24 count indictment that Julian Assange pleaded guilty to and the judge telling him the only reason he didn't end up in jail for 10 years was his harsh upbringing. You imply the story was 20 years old and yet it is in black and white at the beginning of the article that it was Last updated at 1:28 PM on 20th December 2010.

Anyone who posts things from the Huffington post has little room to comment about the journalistic veracity of The Mail online.

May I suggest in the future that you take your own advice and confine your responses to the factual content of the posts and leave your opinions of the poster for another format.

Perhaps you can point out errors in the article entitled , “Revealed: The secret son Assange fathered with a girl of 17 - as he learned the dark arts of computer hacking in a rundown cottage” Written by Richard Shears and last updated 1:28 PM on 20 December 2010 that I took the information about Assange's criminal conviction on 24 charges in Australia.

LaoPo

It is interesting that I have read a number of posts by you recently advising posters to limit their discussions to the material in the post and not attack the poster personally.

Although you seem to be able to give out this good advise you don't seem to be able to absorb or practice it yourself. You said, "Well done, although the tabloid doesn't surprise me with all those beautiful girls in there; your specialty." Perhaps you could tell me what that has to do with the news story I posted? Perhaps you could tell me why I should not interpret that as a personal insult? What does your belief that beautiful girls being my specialty have to do with a story of Julian Assange being convicted of computer crime in Australia?

Personal insult ? Sorry, but if you see this as an insult what would a real insult look like? I found it childish behavior from a wise, experienced and mature man like yourself bringing old news from almost 20 years ago into the discussion; as if all of us have been behaving like angels when we were 20.....were we? :lol:

Apart from that, wasn't it you who wrote you had a thicker skin than me?...and now complaining about me....what happened to the thickness of your skin? ;)

EDIT:

Your quote:

"You imply the story was 20 years old and yet it is in black and white at the beginning of the article that it was Last updated at 1:28 PM on 20th December 2010."

Incorrect and you didn't read properly since I wrote "....an article from a tabloid newspaper with old news from 19 years ago when Assange was 20 years old."

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Anyone who posts things from the Huffington post has little room to comment about the journalistic veracity of The Mail online.

Hear, hear! :lol:

It was funny to see in an earlier post that you place UK's Daily Mail higher on the ladder than your own Huffington Post :lol:

Personally, I think the Huff is less juicy and less sexy but more political than the Daily but isn't it all in the eyes of the beholder ? The difference is that I'm not from either country ;)

LaoPo

It was funny to see in an earlier post that you place UK's Daily Mail higher on the ladder than your own Huffington Post

The Huffington post is a far out, far-left blog and it is not "mine'. :bah:

Nobody in their right mind takes the Daily Fail seriously. Try looking up the list of things the Fail claims gives you cancer.

LaoPo

Although you seem to be able to give out this good advise you don't seem to be able to absorb or practice it yourself. You said, "Well done, although the tabloid doesn't surprise me with all those beautiful girls in there; your specialty." Perhaps you could tell me what that has to do with the news story I posted? Perhaps you could tell me why I should not interpret that as a personal insult? What does your belief that beautiful girls being my specialty have to do with a story of Julian Assange being convicted of computer crime in Australia?

Personal insult ? Sorry, but if you see this as an insult what would a real insult look like? I found it childish behavior from a wise, experienced and mature man like yourself bringing old news from almost 20 years ago into the discussion; as if all of us have been behaving like angels when we were 20.....were we? :lol:

Apart from that, wasn't it you who wrote you had a thicker skin than me?...and now complaining about me....what happened to the thickness of your skin? ;)

EDIT:

Your quote:

"You imply the story was 20 years old and yet it is in black and white at the beginning of the article that it was Last updated at 1:28 PM on 20th December 2010."

Incorrect and you didn't read properly since I wrote "....an article from a tabloid newspaper with old news from 19 years ago when Assange was 20 years old."

LaoPo

Why do you think prior criminal history and actions should not be part of this discussion?

If Assange performed criminal acts and admitted his guilt, does that automatically mean he is not guilty of any crime in the current situation?

Prior history certainly hasn't deterred any of you from attacks on the two alleged victims, or is it three alleged victims now.

Your logic escapes me.

Nobody in their right mind takes the Daily Fail seriously. Try looking up the list of things the Fail claims gives you cancer.

"This megalomaniac sleazeball embodies the nightmares we face in the anarchic age of the internet"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1340622/WikiLeaks-boss-Julian-Assange-embodies-anarchic-age-internet.html#ixzz18quulbEM

Perhaps you could inform us of the errors in the above article. I couldn't find any.

It was funny to see in an earlier post that you place UK's Daily Mail higher on the ladder than your own Huffington Post

The Huffington post is a far out, far-left blog and it is not "mine'. :bah:

Sorry, of course it's not yours...... I meant your own (countries') Huffington Post, obviously..... :rolleyes:

Q: are you a real right winger ? Interesting, since I seem to remember that even you supported Barack Obama....or am I wrong? ;)

I've always been amazed that America seems to have just black-and-white opinions or, rather, left or right winged people.

If you're not right you're left ...:whistling:

or as someone* said, more than 70 years ago: "O con noi o contro di noi"

translated:

"if you're not with us you're against us...." September 20, 2001: Geroge W. Bush.

* Benito Mussolini - Italy, the former Fascist dictator.

LaoPo

Why do you think prior criminal history and actions should not be part of this discussion?

If Assange performed criminal acts and admitted his guilt, does that automatically mean he is not guilty of any crime in the current situation?

Prior history certainly hasn't deterred any of you from attacks on the two alleged victims, or is it three alleged victims now.

Your logic escapes me.

Of course he is not guilty of any crime in the present circumstances; there are just allegations, nothing more.

That's my logic and very simple.

LaoPo

"This megalomaniac sleazeball embodies the nightmares we face in the anarchic age of the internet"

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz18quulbEM

Perhaps you could inform us of the errors in the above article. I couldn't find any.

This megalomaniac sleazeball embodies the nightmares we face in the anarchic age of the internet

:thumbsup:Perfect words for a Tabloid newspaper; it attracts readers...

If they want to read stuff like that of course but I doubt if readers of The Guardian and readers of The New York Times, Washington Post, Der Spiegel, Le Monde or Frankfurter Allgemeine read Tabloid papers like the Daily Mail; but there are exceptions, naturally :P

Anazing that an American like yourself read UK Tabloids :rolleyes:

LaoPo

Q: are you a real right winger ? Interesting, since I seem to remember that even you supported Barack Obama....or am I wrong?

I've always been amazed that America seems to have just black-and-white opinions or, rather, left or right winged people.

I am not right wing. How many right wingers would vote for Obama? That is just the label that the let's-destroy-society radicals like to put on anyone in the middle, but by calling me right-wing, aren't you doing the exact same thing that you are complaining about? :blink:

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz18quulbEM

This megalomaniac sleazeball embodies the nightmares we face in the anarchic age of the internet

:thumbsup:Perfect words for a Tabloid newspaper; it attracts readers...

If they want to read stuff like that of course but I doubt if readers of The Guardian and readers of The New York Times, Washington Post, Der Spiegel, Le Monde or Frankfurter Allgemeine read Tabloid papers like the Daily Mail; but there are exceptions, naturally :P

Anazing that an American like yourself read UK Tabloids :rolleyes:

LaoPo

I read Max Hastings the gentleman who wrote the article. He was a foreign correspondent and reported from more than sixty countries and eleven wars for BBC television and for the Evening Standard in London. Hastings was the first journalist to enter the liberated Port Stanley during the Falklands War. After ten years as editor and then editor-in-chief of The Daily Telegraph, he returned to the Evening Standard as editor in 1996 until his retirement in 2001. He received a knighthood in 2002.

He has presented historical documentaries for BBC TV, and is the author of many books, including Bomber Command which earned the Somerset Maugham Award for non-fiction in 1980. Both Overlord and The Battle for the Falklands won the Yorkshire Post Book of the Year Prize.

You just keep walking into them.

We have all we need to know from Wickileaks.

You can't believe government - any government. The world is rotten to the core; our politicians are inveterate liars; the truth is more damaging than any bomb. Hence, you have to hide it, deny it as such, never let it out not even for a moment, never speak of it to any one, and never trust it.

Also, you have to believe that you and you alone have the right to know the facts.

That's the world we live in. Distortion, equivocation and lies, big lies and statistics. Government statistics.

Now we know it and long may that continue through the publishing of Wickileaks.

America is using every dirty trick in the book to bring down the Publisher by any means.

The truth about him will be distorted to match their agenda of stopping the leaks. If thy get away with it he'll have his very own Guantanamo, guard dogs, photos and hoods.

And remember this; the governments have fed the media with lies, propagandist lies. Wickipedia arrives and publishes the Govs. own memos, notes of understanding, memorandum. They don't deny it is true.

They can't deny it is true and yet they've told us the opposite for years.

The truth has been buried. What has and does appear in the Press is propaganda. Nothing else.

Now we have one free voice singing a different song.

Long may it continue. But at least we all know now not to believe but to question what we are told by Government.

So very well said :jap:

As the Bilderberg's prepare to make their big pitch, we hope that assanges doomsday release will be made public to put an end to this debate of american corruption once and for all.

Q: are you a real right winger ? Interesting, since I seem to remember that even you supported Barack Obama....or am I wrong?

I am not right wing. How many right wingers would vote for Obama? That is just the label that the let's-destroy-society radicals like to put on anyone in the middle, but by calling me right-wing, aren't you doing the exact same thing that you are complaining about? :blink:

I wasn't calling you right-winged nor was I complaining about anything; I was merely asking and to be honest...I'm surprised you're in the centre or middle (of Politics) since I wouldn't have thought you would be middle/center by your kind of opinions and posting since you "seem/look" like quite radical to me; not that it matters -to me- though.

But, being in the middle you can't deny that America has just 2 mainstream parties: the Republican- and Democratic Party whether right/left; not much room for a middle party, unfortunately.

I wish there would be more air for other political views other than right/left next to the Tea Party movement but they seem rather conservative also.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo