Business In Issan

kempos

Buying and selling rice.

About this time of the year quite a few people are short of money and are selling this year's rice crops for cash now. The going rate is 3x80 kilograms bags of rice for 1000 baht. Once the rice is harvested towards the end of the year you receive the rice. It can be sold on again in the New Year for 600 baht per bag. could be a nice little earner for the wife!

:o

Buying and selling rice. 

About this time of the year quite a few people are short of money and are selling this year's rice crops for cash now.  The going rate is 3x80 kilograms bags of rice for 1000 baht.  Once the rice is harvested towards the end of the year you receive the rice.  It can be sold on again in the New Year for 600 baht per bag. could be a nice little earner for the wife!

Thanks. I have been thinking about it but how to make sure they give you rice when the time comes.

And btw my wife works so I do not have to worry about this too much - just need some extra money for myself :-)

Do you have a work permit or is this something that you would employ a local to take care of?

Anyway I dont know where you are in Issan, but where my wifes from in NK, the local "man with a van" or Dmax rather, seems to do a good trade ferrying locals and their things about - car, motorbike, iron-buffalo parts etc..

hes also been known to ferry farrangs to and from Udon Airport - me included!