Good Gym In Chiang Mai

Danjel

Hi guys.

I'll be in Chiang Mai in mid January, for a week.

I've looked through some threads, where I asked almost an identical question a good 8 pages in.

I hope to get some help as I plan to book a hotel near the gym.

Hope to get some help.

Cheers

Daniel

I paid 10,000 baht for a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP. It includes the Chiang Mai Facility only.

Then a few months later we got my wife a lifetime membership for 8,500 baht.

Not sure what the daily, weekly or monthly rate would be.

dam_n...! I hate Califonia WOW and I can only fear how much it will cost me (I got totally ripped off in BKK going there, and the gym sucked big time)

No other suggestions?

There is a gym situated on the second [ or maybe third] floor of the car park building adjoining the Amorn Service centre, in between the Icon and Computer Plaza shopping centres--around the corner from Chiang Mai Ram hospital--if you follow the flow of the traffic; I am not a member but I know folk who are--it's got all the equipment and is very reasonably priced. Not sure if it is a secret, though.

Further directions--find the Amorn Electrical shop outlet in the Computer Plaza complex and walk around the back--there you will see their service centre--then find the stairs, or lift, at the end of the building--go up.

do NOT go to home fitness behind carrefour on the super highway, THE tightest and strangest gym owners i have ever met,

no changing rooms,

you can not make any noise when exercising, (even loud exhales are frowned upon)

the running machines need more warm up than you do,

and this is the icing on the cake, you get a maximum of 25 minutes on the running machines per person/per day (including the 6 or 7 minutes warm up for machine itself) even when the gym is deserted, whether you want to do 2 sessions a day etc etc

seriously it was way too odd. I would say that this gym is not for you..

there is a gym on the 4th floor duang tawan centara hotel, is ok, not very big so gets busy very quickly but can get a lot done if go at the right time, early mornings seem good, opens at 6. parking is in the hotel itself.

fitness thailand is good, well stocked gym and loads of other classes going on everyday to join in on. fitness thailand very well stocked gym, monthly costs include 3 hours parking below. floor 7-8 behind computer plaza. get busy but then it is MASSIVE so not really a problem. shall be using this one after my current membership exires

as for cost all about the same, monthly 1-1200 baht a month.

have not tried any others so can not comment

Edited by Lobin

Don't use cali wow i hate them people but if you are serious weight lifter i know the best gym in town (no frills) but best equipment just pm for details.

hey was just wondering why RakChaingMai HATE California WOW sooo much.

The only problem we have ever had was trying to pay our 100 baht yearly fee early.

It's always clean, Air Condition, nice bathrooms and lockers...

Not bad for 10,000 Lifetime Membership + 100 baht per year.

There is a gym situated on the second [ or maybe third] floor of the car park building adjoining the Amorn Service centre, in between the Icon and Computer Plaza shopping centres--around the corner from Chiang Mai Ram hospital--if you follow the flow of the traffic; I am not a member but I know folk who are--it's got all the equipment and is very reasonably priced. Not sure if it is a secret, though.

Further directions--find the Amorn Electrical shop outlet in the Computer Plaza complex and walk around the back--there you will see their service centre--then find the stairs, or lift, at the end of the building--go up.

Fitness Thailand.

Fitness Thailand.

Thanks Eek--and I was wrong about the floors--it is above the third, someone else has said floors 7/8--didn't seem that high, but I wasn't counting.

Fitness Thailand.

Thanks Eek--and I was wrong about the floors--it is above the third, someone else has said floors 7/8--didn't seem that high, but I wasn't counting.

Fitness Thailand, 7th and 8th floor of parking garage behind Icon Computer Plaza, no signs on the street to help you find it. 7th floor is reception/check-in, you enter through there. Also has lockers, showers, sauna, and yoga room. 8th floor has weights, aerobic room, aerobic machines, etc. The best value gym I've found in Chiang Mai, but they are lax on maintenance. Also, something of a pet peeve of mine, Thai men rarely rack their weights. It's not unusual to find weight racks empty and the floor in the free weight area so cluttered with weight plates, dumbbells and barbells it's difficult to walk. But if all you are interested in is weights they should be good enough. I don't know prices for one week.

Edited by heybruce

Fitness Thailand.

Fitness Thailand, 7th and 8th floor of parking garage behind Icon Computer Plaza, no signs on the street to help you find it. 7th floor is reception/check-in, you enter through there. Also has lockers, showers, sauna, and yoga room. 8th floor has weights, aerobic room, aerobic machines, etc. The best value gym I've found in Chiang Mai, but they are lax on maintenance. Also, something of a pet peeve of mine, Thai men rarely rack their weights. It's not unusual to find weight racks empty and the floor in the free weight area so cluttered with weight plates, dumbbells and barbells it's difficult to walk. But if all you are interested in is weights they should be good enough. I don't know prices for one week.

TIT, I have found that gym etiquitte here is not the same as back home (we had a cell phone ban, ahh could you just imagine that here 555). seems like the employees are as much to blame for the problem, just as they use the computer to chat and all we hear over the sound system is the keyboard instead of music, oh well I get good work out there, have met some nice fellow lifters and the parking makes is a big added bonus!