Boarding Schools Close To On Nut

travelmann

I am not familiar with that area, but hopefully we may have some posters who are. Are you looking for an international school, bilingual school or Thai school?

Thanks, International school and must be boarding English or American curriculum (religion dont mind)

I am not familiar with that area, but hopefully we may have some posters who are. Are you looking for an international school, bilingual school or Thai school?

Thanks, International school and must be boarding English or American curriculum, Bi lingual is fine (religion dont mind)

What a wonderful parent you are . Your children aged 7 to be sent to a boarding school , indeed those children need you, not a dorm full of unwanted children.

I attended boarding school in the United Kingdom from the age of 11 years old and managed to cope with it as did my grandparents and indeed my parents in their youth.

However my experiences created a mindset that none of my children would ever go to a boarding school.

Children are for life not something one wheels in and out of your life nor should you wheel yourself in and out of their lives.

Being a parent is a wonderful privilege with special duties and wonderful rewards. Don't ruin that experience for either your children or yourself.

Edited by siampolee

I'm not intending to comment on the OP's decisions or parenting, but I'm genuinely curious......do boarding schools even exist for 7 year olds? That seems awfully young. If so, wow, you learn something new every day. I would have thought that the schools would start at an older age.

I don't know about the age limits, but I do know parents who send their children to boarding school simply because the transportation time is too great. Sometimes the family is in the area. It's simply an option that means for some students they don't have to get up at 5:00 a.m. and get home at 7 or 8 in the evening.

So, does anyone know of a school in the area?

What a wonderful parent you are . Your children aged 7 to be sent to a boarding school , indeed those children need you, not a dorm full of unwanted children.

I attended boarding school in the United Kingdom from the age of 11 years old and managed to cope with it as did my grandparents and indeed my parents in their youth.

However my experiences created a mindset that none of my children would ever go to a boarding school.

Children are for life not something one wheels in and out of your life nor should you wheel yourself in and out of their lives.

Being a parent is a wonderful privilege with special duties and wonderful rewards. Don't ruin that experience for either your children or yourself.

Thanks for your "help/lecture" nowhere did I mention they were MY children or even if I had children which I don't, I see you still have nightmares from this experience.

Thanks for the other "useful" replies form other posters

I have heard of some of the international schools that offer boarding facilities, even if they're not technically a "boarding school." I can't remember which ones, though. If I can find out, I'll post again.

Thanks, of course many kids here are brought up by Grandparents anyway due to parents having to earn money in Bangkok.

Hmm...not sure if I should be offended or not. :) I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your usage of quotation marks is different than mine.

I found this:

Other international boarding schools in Thailand include, the British International School in Phuket, American Pacific International School in Chiang Mai, Bangkok Christian International School, Bangkok Grace International School, Bromsgrove International School, Garden International School, Harrow International School, Kevalee International School, Korean International School of Bangkok, Rasami International School, The Regent’s School, Saint John Mary International School, Siam International School and St Stephen’s International School. These offer a variety of education programs under both the British and American education systems.

Source: http://www.threegeneration.org/boarding-schools.html

I don't know the location of most of these schools, but a quick google search of each one would probably tell you if it's near On Nut.

Travelmann

Thanks for your "help/lecture" nowhere did I mention they were MY children or even if I had children which I don't, I see you still have nightmares from this experience.

Yes even now at 65 with a second family I have unpleasant memories of my school-days. Speaking from experience not as a casual observer or bystander .

Oh by the way I have been teaching for many a year around the world and I do teach here in Thailand within the international school scene and have done so for nigh on twenty years, also I am a shall we say, '' a line manager for a number of staff.''

Perhaps if a little research was done to discover the delights of a boarding school the idea may well be seen as not such a pleasant time for the young victims to be.

Edited by siampolee

Hmm...not sure if I should be offended or not. :) I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your usage of quotation marks is different than mine.

I found this:

Other international boarding schools in Thailand include, the British International School in Phuket, American Pacific International School in Chiang Mai, Bangkok Christian International School, Bangkok Grace International School, Bromsgrove International School, Garden International School, Harrow International School, Kevalee International School, Korean International School of Bangkok, Rasami International School, The Regent's School, Saint John Mary International School, Siam International School and St Stephen's International School. These offer a variety of education programs under both the British and American education systems.

Source: http://www.threegene...ng-schools.html

I don't know the location of most of these schools, but a quick google search of each one would probably tell you if it's near On Nut.

Thanks I had already seen this page my first stop is always google BUT being a teacher forum I thought someone might know more. The Bangkok Christian school is quite near 4 km I google earhed its distance. I e mailed them too but of course "no response" says a lot when the fees are so high!!!

Travelmann

Yes even now at 65 with a second family I have unpleasant memories of my school-days. Speaking from experience not as a casual observer or bystander .

Oh by the way I have been teaching for many a year around the world and I do teach here in Thailand within the international school scene and have done so for nigh on twenty years, also I am a shall we say, '' a line manager for a number of staff.''

Perhaps if a little research was done to discover the delights of a boarding school the idea may well be seen as not such a pleasant time for the young victims to be.

Perhaps if you read the OP and didnt lecture etc theyr'e NOT MY KIDS I dont care, U R missing the point you havent understood the question your just realying your sad tale, I have been asked by a friend to find out what schools are boarding I have not been asked by him " do you think this is a good idea will my kids suffer interminable damage and be physically and mentally destroyed for the rest of their life".

Being a teacher can you just answer the question do you know any near On Nut ????

I couldnt care less if the kids are raised by she wolves or beelzeebub him/herself, beaten , abused ,eaten alive, fed to sharks, diced into 1 inch cubes sold for experimenation/body organs etc etc etc .:lol:

Edited by travelmann

• 2 months later...

If you're looking for a religious boarding school, the Flintridge Sacred Heart Academy or the Oregon Episcopal School are just two of the many hundreds of Christian and Catholic boarding schools. Some of the religious schools also offer a military or advanced college preparatory program. Good luck with searching.

Another suggestion is Northwood School. The idyllic location provides lots of room and facilities for outdoor activities as well as cultural activities. This Co-educational college preparatory school offers classes for grades 9 to 12. They also provide support for students with ADD/ADHD. The teacher to student ratio is 1:6 and the average class size is 9.

The OP was in early December last year. Since there was very little activity in the thread, I will close it. If the OP has reason to want it re-opened, please send me a PM.

Scott,