Uk Tourist Visa & Passport For Grlfriend And Baby

Hi all

I am a new member so please bear with me.

I have some questions or to be honest i could do with a step by step guide with passport and visitors visa issues.

Alright guys heres my problem, i have a thai girlfriend and a baby son who is 11 months old, he has a thai birth cert with me named as the father

i want my g-friend to come to uk on a visit visa and my son on a british passport, as yet i havent got the passport for him and wanted to know if any one

knows if i fill in the C2 passport application with photos countersigned and my full birth cert and passport is this sufficient to apply for his passport?

i also would like some advise on the visitors visa i have been told it wil be highly unlikely that my girlfriend would get a visitors visa if we get a passport for my son

as this may encourage her not to return!? she has no employment as she looks after our son and also her thai daughter at her family home (parents home)

i have taken care of things for her financialy which i can prove for the last two years.

i have all paperwork bank statements, photos, phone records proof of home ect..

but i am just worried that the embassy wont see this as a genuine application and that she and my son will not return to thailand. are there any points i can

put to the embassy to make our case stronger,

eventually we will apply for a settlement visa once i know she wants to settle in england.

i would be grateful for some help and advise with these issues

thanks

As you already have a child this will help to demonstrate your relationship is subsisting, can you add further information.

Assets & Ties which may encourage her to return ?

Employment ?

Evidence of close contact ?

Visitors - visa application guide

If you require professional help feel free to contact me.

Regards Paul

Zak

You are in a very similar situation to me, I have a thai GF and we have a baby daughter who now has both thai and UK passports.

I successfully applied for a visit visa for her in march this year, and she came to the UK with me and the baby for 6 months.

In answer to your question you have to REGISTER the babys birth with the British Embassy in Bangkok and at the same time apply for a passport for your son.

You must make sure that you have your origional birth certificate at the application this is vitally important, I took what i thought was my birth certificate the first time i made my application only to be told it was the wrong one. Your birth certificate must be the LONG ONE not the short one.

You will obviously need the mothers birth certificate ID card and of course the babys birth certificate, translated to english in fact all docs must be translated to english, and copies of thai and origional certs included. Just to point out I also had a DNA test done and included the results in my application ( although i new i was the father, the DNA test was done purely for obtaining 100% proof that we were in a relationship and the Certificate can be used for Visa purposes, bit extreme but it worked for me )

As for the visit visa you need to show a relationship, regardless of having a baby, include as much info as you can, you can never include to much info.

I list below what i included.

Application form

Passports copies mine and gf

bank statements, saving statements

proof of my address in uk

telephone bills

credit card bills

pictures of the property we were going to be living in every room.

pictures of my trips to thailand

pictures of the baby and mum

pictures of the babay and me

dna certificate

birth certificates for me and gf

skype and email communication printoffs

copies of my girlfriends bank account statements showing my monies being sent over to thailand.

western union transactions etc.

Like i said before you can never submit to much info.

Hope this info helps,

just email if you require any further info.

cheers

paul.

• 1 month later...

Zak

You are in a very similar situation to me, I have a thai GF and we have a baby daughter who now has both thai and UK passports.

I successfully applied for a visit visa for her in march this year, and she came to the UK with me and the baby for 6 months.

In answer to your question you have to REGISTER the babys birth with the British Embassy in Bangkok and at the same time apply for a passport for your son.

You must make sure that you have your origional birth certificate at the application this is vitally important, I took what i thought was my birth certificate the first time i made my application only to be told it was the wrong one. Your birth certificate must be the LONG ONE not the short one.

You will obviously need the mothers birth certificate ID card and of course the babys birth certificate, translated to english in fact all docs must be translated to english, and copies of thai and origional certs included. Just to point out I also had a DNA test done and included the results in my application ( although i new i was the father, the DNA test was done purely for obtaining 100% proof that we were in a relationship and the Certificate can be used for Visa purposes, bit extreme but it worked for me )

As for the visit visa you need to show a relationship, regardless of having a baby, include as much info as you can, you can never include to much info.

I list below what i included.

Application form

Passports copies mine and gf

bank statements, saving statements

proof of my address in uk

telephone bills

credit card bills

pictures of the property we were going to be living in every room.

pictures of my trips to thailand

pictures of the baby and mum

pictures of the babay and me

dna certificate

birth certificates for me and gf

skype and email communication printoffs

copies of my girlfriends bank account statements showing my monies being sent over to thailand.

western union transactions etc.

Like i said before you can never submit to much info.

Hope this info helps,

just email if you require any further info.

cheers

paul.

good to read that it is possible....im trying to get my wife whos 3 months pregnant a tourist visa for uk.....just a bit worried that they wont see it as a genuwine relationship especially as were both so young.24 and 19