Proper Way To Express Gratitude?

Raiderz4Life

I just returned home after two nights in hospital. Upon my request the apartment manager retrieved insurance info from my room and brought it to the hospital. I have thanked her personally, but I would like to bring her small gift of appreciation. What's appropriate in this situation?

I like to go with a fruit basket. I find that goes down well as a gift. Usually i go into somewhere like Tops in KSK and choose a selection of fruit, then go around the corner where the flower lady is and get her to package it all up for me. She does a beautiful job. Oh..and she has baskets, but if too big then they are often easy to find from the main floor stationary places (the ones that set up temporarily selling stationary and pens, boxes and miscellaneous items)

Thai love Gold . thai love Cars , thai love cash , thai love a good smile .

how about a cars made of gold wrap in cash :) deliver with a big smile .

go for a fruit basket . or some tasty snack from your country .

to show that you made an effort for the gift .

or just bring everyone to moo kata

Cash gifts give them the opportunity to get what they really want and are very often used. They may be initially refused but saying that they should be used for their children or parents almost always makes it acceptable.

As Dante says: envelopes are the answer - nearly always! Stuffed with whatever you consider an appropriate amount for the servce rendered (300 baht would be, I would suggest, the minimum for a small servce, going up to 1,000 for a big thankyou) You have to get right out of Western cutlural norms where giving money is considered rather gauche or a satement that the recipient is poor. Stick some cash in an envelope and write 'for your family ' on it. It will convey your appreciation more than anything else I can think of!

Envelopes with money are most definitely the way to go for things like weddings and funerals.

However I would personally never try to monetise an expression of gratitude. That's just daft. Also in Thailand.

The fruit basket really is the best idea.

Cash gifts give them the opportunity to get what they really want and are very often used. They may be initially refused but saying that they should be used for their children or parents almost always makes it acceptable.

As Dante says: envelopes are the answer - nearly always! Stuffed with whatever you consider an appropriate amount for the servce rendered (300 baht would be, I would suggest, the minimum for a small servce, going up to 1,000 for a big thankyou) You have to get right out of Western cutlural norms where giving money is considered rather gauche or a satement that the recipient is poor. Stick some cash in an envelope and write 'for your family ' on it. It will convey your appreciation more than anything else I can think of!

Yes money is certainly convienient but the extra effort known to have been put into buying/arranging flowers/friut etc may be appreciated that little bit more. Especially if the recpient is middle to hi-soish and a few hundred Baht is neither here or there to them.

YOS