Lost My Thai Drivers License

boredofseri

I recently lost my temporary Thai driver's license. It expired two days ago. Like an idiot, I don't have any record of it, but I'm hoping the drivers license division does.

Anybody know if I will be able to get a renewal? Really don't want to have to take the driving test over again.

Thanks.

I paid cash because it was approximately 100 baht. Maybe they will still have it in their system?

Hopefully...

You need to got back to the same office which issued the license in the first place, as by the sounds of it...its not the credit card type, but the old paper type, they should still have the documentation on record

No problem at all, its all on computer, I lost my wallet a few years ago, including inside my Thai Licence, ATM card etc, all replaced by the next day.

The Thai driving license system is really very good nowadays, I would imagine many years ago it would have been a pain, but now everything's computerized it's a breeze.

Take your passport with you as your passport number is on the Thai driving License.

Edited by GM1955

well you better have an international one handy, thai cops stroke at least a few hundred baht off me per month in khon khaen and udon when im stopped at road blocks and i have an international licence too !! i would hate to think how much they would fine you if you had no licence at all.

btw for all those who say there is no corruption ....boll***cks !!! ive been done in bkk and pattaya too many times

Not always.

Last time I renewed my Thai 5-year driving permit I used my Yellow tambien ban as evidence of my home address. Then when completing the form, the gal at the window asked me, for some strange reason, if it was OK with me if she used the Yellow tambien ban number on the license rather than my U.S. passport number, which changes now and then when I get a new passport. Fine with me, sez I, and that's the way it goes here in the LoS, little is really locked in concrete.

Mac

moving to motor forum

the id number on farang thai drivers lisence is the same as the passportnumber provided on application. make a policereport on lost lisence, and go to DLT to get a new one, they will find it by id number