Htc Desire Z

SoFarAndNear

It looks to me as though HTC Thailand does not launch every model here. Localizing a product is relatively costly and unless sales figures are projected at a certain level then it may not be worth it to launch. Also you have support costs, and some market confusion with too many models. I don't think there are an plans to offer that model here in Thailand? I think it is the same as the T-Mobile G2 so maybe better to get it in the U.S. or Europe?

FWIW the physical keyboard market here, for texting, is owned by Blackberry, believe it or not.

Called Winner Telecom at MBK.

They said they gonna get the Z next month, January 2011.

Guess HTC will also offer it in Thailand. The HTC Desire is on discount now at J-Mart. They probably free up space for the new Desire (the HD is already available, nice built quality BTW!).

What price have you seen in J-Mart for the Desire ?

Guess HTC will also offer it in Thailand. The HTC Desire is on discount now at J-Mart. They probably free up space for the new Desire (the HD is already available, nice built quality BTW!).

I also wanted to check out the HTC Desire Z. How much is it? I wanted to view one in phuket town or patong beach.

The Desire HD, how much is it?

I also wanted to check out the HTC Desire Z. How much is it? I wanted to view one in phuket town or patong beach.

The Desire HD, how much is it?

22,900 Baht............now in a few stores.

• 1 month later...

Hi, Im actually looking to buy the HTC Desire Z as well, found it yesterday by a stroke of luck at Pantip in BKK for 16,900Baht at a cellphone store on the 3rd level that does imports of some phones, the phone is real and is an Asian compatible HTC phone, all the keys on the phone are in English. The phone is a special import and they only had 1 in stock but I'm sure they could get more if you are still looking to buy. Otherwise let me know if you are still interested and unable to get to BKK to buy it, I have a contact at HTC in Thailand and might be able to get it for you at a discounted rate. Haven't asked them myself yet but will do.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Im actually looking to buy the HTC Desire Z as well, found it yesterday by a stroke of luck at Pantip in BKK for 16,900Baht at a cellphone store on the 3rd level that does imports of some phones, the phone is real and is an Asian compatible HTC phone, all the keys on the phone are in English. The phone is a special import and they only had 1 in stock but I'm sure they could get more if you are still looking to buy. Otherwise let me know if you are still interested and unable to get to BKK to buy it, I have a contact at HTC in Thailand and might be able to get it for you at a discounted rate. Haven't asked them myself yet but will do.

Hi

You commented on HTC Desire Z about new year. do you know if this model is available in BKK now.... and if yes. do you know where I can find it. I will go to BKK next weekend 22-26th of April. I would be happy if you can tell more....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi<div><br></div><div>Sorry I've taken so long to reply...hope this catches you in time.  I actually went about a week ago now, to buy my HTC Desire Z at the store I said at Pantip in Bangkok.  I think the shop's name is <i>SMART MOBILE (www.smartmobile.co.th) o</i>n the second level (around the corner from thear the food court near the crepe stand) its small and sells many different import cell phones etc.  </div><div><br></div><div>When I bought the phone I also bought the Capdase cover and screen protector from the same store, which made the total about 17,800Baht (HTC Desire Z is 16,900Baht).  So far all is good and I have download many apps and surfed the internet over wireless perfectly.  The only thing which confused me on the day was that I wasn't able to get the cell phone to change its orientation to landscape on the home screen and in certain menus, when I asked the shop they said it can't do landscape orientation except in certain apps but I have seen the HTC Desire Z in landscape mode on the home screen back in my own country.  I later realised that the Capdase cover I have has a small magnetic clip and the magnet lies right behind the metal cover on the back and this seems to be the problem for the landscape screen orientation on the home screen (I think it messes with the internal Gyro, take off the cover and the phone will flip perfectly to landscape when you push it up to reveal the qwerty keyboard...as well as the lights on the keyboard light up which doesn't happen if the cover is on it; its a small irritation but one I can live with and the Capdase cover is the only one the shop carries, I did ask if they had others.  Another thing they gave me along with the phone was a voucher or warranty to have Android upgraded when ever there are/ if there are any upgrades for the device for a whole year from purchase.  They only warranty the software, they don't guarantee the hardware but it's at  least something and the guy loaded a few simple apps for me before leaving the store for free.</div><div><br></div><div>P.S. the phone also comes with an 8GB micro SD card which helps a lot once you start exploring the Android Market and loading songs and films onto the device.</div><div><br></div><div>I hope this helped you with any questions you might have had.</div><div><br></div><div>ENJOY!!!</div><div><br><br>

</div>

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know if thailand maps come with this phone. i am thinking of buying one in Australia (present location) to bring over and use in Thailand. I like the fact you dont need to be online to view maps once you have entered in directions between 2 locations