Student Stabbed To Death In Bangkok School Brawl

webfact

Vocational Student Killed in Brawl

Police say a student has been stabbed to death in a brawl believed to be started by students from a rival school.

Police have disclosed that a third year student at Phraramhok Technology School was stabbed to death by two thugs believed to be students at a rival school.

The victim, identified as 19 year old Kriangsak Suksompon, was found at Soi Charansanitwong 89/1 in Bangplat district.

Forensic experts from Siriraj hospital said Kriangsak had countless wounds on his neck and body.

A classmate, Wannajak Petsaeng ngam, explained that he and the victim were riding a motorcycle on their way home when the culprits approached on two motorcycles, driving up on both sides and stabbing the victim to death.

Police said they will work on the case, adding that they believe the suspected murderers are students from a rival school.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-12-08

footer_n.gif

I don't know what the prison sentence would be if they manage to catch the perpetrators, but it's obviously not working. Maybe the authorities should start locking them up in mental institutions. Being classified as mentally ill might not be so cool for their hard man image.

This is so sad, and I do not understand this. Why-oh-why do students from "rival" technical schools hate each other so much that it comes to violence and even deaths?

How can schools be "rivals" to begin with?

The problem is not in how hard the culprits are penalised. The problem is in why this hatred exists.

Most likely too much 'proudness' is pushed onto the kids regarding them belonging to their school...they grow up feeling superior for being a part of the school and then other kids come and say that Their school is better? Or they played too rough during the last inter-school football game, and so on...

Most likely too much 'proudness' is pushed onto the kids regarding them belonging to their school...they grow up feeling superior for being a part of the school and then other kids come and say that Their school is better? Or they played too rough during the last inter-school football game, and so on...

Who puts this "proudness" (or "pride"?) into them?

And why does this kind of violence only and repeatedly happen between technical vocational schools?

And why does this kind of violence only and repeatedly happen between technical vocational schools?

Combination of the institution and older students, most likely.

Thanks, we are getting closer. So punishing the younger students even harder would only (if at all) work on the symptoms rather than the cause.

I think this is all I want to say in this thread. Thanks for your attention.

Excuse Me

Student Stabbed To Death In Bangkok School Brawl

Where was the Brawl, the witness said he and the victim was traveling on a motorcycle on their way home when TWO MOTORCYCLES approached and went on both sides of their motorcycle and stabbed the victim repeatedly, so where was the BRAWL? :realangry: Sounds just like a simple case of ASSAULT and MURDER :(:ermm:

This is what happens when the police and the law become lax and then the thugs take over. Same has happened in Britain. There is no reason except thuggery. They commit these atrocities simply because they can, the law of the jungle.

Lets be honest, if these thugs disappeared and ended up on rubbish tip someone, who would care? That’s the way they deal with these situations in some South American countries.

What do the schools inculcate into their students to make this the outcome?

Change the teachers, change the administrators, stop the hazing, stop the "pride" being such an issue. Hell let them play sports against each other and beat each other up on the rugby pitch if that is what it takes.

Thanks, we are getting closer. So punishing the younger students even harder would only (if at all) work on the symptoms rather than the cause.

I think this is all I want to say in this thread. Thanks for your attention.

It's not just happening at technical vocational schools. Not too long ago a M. 2 student got killed from four guys from another school in a town in the lower north-east. They killed him with a machete in a very nasty way. The reason was- as so often- a girl. Sad, but true. Rest in peace. :jap:

School rivalries were common in my part of the UK when growing up, and whilst there were brawls it never resulted in murder.

The administrators of the schools and the police worked together to keep the peace, perhaps this is the difference?

Police say a student has been stabbed to death in a brawl believed to be started by students from a rival school.

Police have disclosed that a third year student at Phraramhok Technology School was stabbed to death by two thugs believed to be students at a rival school.

The victim, identified as 19 year old Kriangsak Suksompon, was found at Soi Charansanitwong 89/1 in Bangplat district.

Forensic experts from Siriraj hospital said Kriangsak had countless wounds on his neck and body.

A classmate, Wannajak Petsaeng ngam, explained that he and the victim were riding a motorcycle on their way home when the culprits approached on two motorcycles, driving up on both sides and stabbing the victim to death.

Police said they will work on the case, adding that they believe the suspected murderers are students from a rival school.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am convinced that mental retardation is a required trait to be a reporter in Thailand. This story is so full of holes that the newspaper incriminates itself for being retarded for even bothering to print it in an English language newspaper. Is this the kind of crap that Thai people read in their Thai language newspaper?

Kriangsak and Wannajak are riding on a motorbike

Traveling at a rate of speed

"Culprits" pull up alongside and manage to stab Kriangsak, giving him "countless wounds on his neck and body"

At the same time, Wannajak suffers no wounds.

If Wannasak is driving, he does not speed up, slow down, or fall over. He simply allows for "countless wounds" to be administered to Kriangsak's body.

If Wannasak is not driving, then he suffers no bruises, cuts, scrapes, or broken bones when the motorbike goes down due to Kriangsak's death reaction.

Either way, the "culprits" leave Wannasak alone.

Kriangsak's body is found.

How could Kriangsak's body be found, if it was never lost. Wasn't Wannasak there all along?

Did not Wannasak call the police and stay with his friend. Was there blood on Wannasak's hands and clothing?

If Wannasak was not there, and Kriangsak's body had to be "found", then why did Wannasak leave the scene of the crime?

Why would Wannasak be questioned, if he was not there when Kriangsak's body was "found"?

What prompted Wannasak to leave his friend's body, and then suddenly be giving reports that he was there and apparently did nothing, suffered no visible wounds, and the "culprits" singled out one school rival, and left the other school rival (with a similar uniform on) all alone to be an eye witness and to be able to spot them in a line up.

The culprits left Wannasak untouched when they could have killed him too and made a clean getaway!

Maybe Wannasak needs to be questioned for the death of Kriangsak.

The police say they will work on the case. It is a certainty that the truth will never be found if that is the case.

I do not know which is more ludicrous; Thai news reporting, or the investigations that are engaged after mayhem has occurred.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am convinced that mental retardation is a required trait to be a reporter in Thailand. This story is so full of holes that the newspaper incriminates itself for being retarded for even bothering to print it in an English language newspaper. Is this the kind of crap that Thai people read in their Thai language newspaper?

Kriangsak and Wannajak are riding on a motorbike

Traveling at a rate of speed

"Culprits" pull up alongside and manage to stab Kriangsak, giving him "countless wounds on his neck and body"

At the same time, Wannajak suffers no wounds.

If Wannasak is driving, he does not speed up, slow down, or fall over. He simply allows for "countless wounds" to be administered to Kriangsak's body.

If Wannasak is not driving, then he suffers no bruises, cuts, scrapes, or broken bones when the motorbike goes down due to Kriangsak's death reaction.

Either way, the "culprits" leave Wannasak alone.

Kriangsak's body is found.

How could Kriangsak's body be found, if it was never lost. Wasn't Wannasak there all along?

Did not Wannasak call the police and stay with his friend. Was there blood on Wannasak's hands and clothing?

If Wannasak was not there, and Kriangsak's body had to be "found", then why did Wannasak leave the scene of the crime?

Why would Wannasak be questioned, if he was not there when Kriangsak's body was "found"?

What prompted Wannasak to leave his friend's body, and then suddenly be giving reports that he was there and apparently did nothing, suffered no visible wounds, and the "culprits" singled out one school rival, and left the other school rival (with a similar uniform on) all alone to be an eye witness and to be able to spot them in a line up.

The culprits left Wannasak untouched when they could have killed him too and made a clean getaway!

Maybe Wannasak needs to be questioned for the death of Kriangsak.

The police say they will work on the case. It is a certainty that the truth will never be found if that is the case.

I do not know which is more ludicrous; Thai news reporting, or the investigations that are engaged after mayhem has occurred.

I totally agree the blatant inconsistencies in this report demonstrate a total lack of any critical thinking abilities on the part of the reporter and his editor. It is sad that this report gave me a good laugh, even though the event itself is depressing.

Plus the violent history of Voc. schools - circa 50's onwards.... "Old school habits"

I don't know what the prison sentence would be if they manage to catch the perpetrators, but it's obviously not working.

As per tradition, the sentences are commensurate with the disposable income of the parents. Since it is a technical college, I'd imagine the income will be low and the sentences high.

Tough sentences have no preventative effect on crimes of passion, and these school rivalries do stir up emotions.

One life lost and another two wasted. Silly.

Don't they learn in Kindergarten how stupid this is?

Or at least how to place nice with eachother?

I guess the schools here really do suck if this is the best they have.

One would think that certainly after a few years of post-secondary

education they'd be smart enough to figure at least this out.

Wow.

I believe one of the root causes of this is the treatment thai boys receive from their parents - incredible tolerance of laziness and misbehaviour of the future heir, and old age pension scheme.

My Thai ex-wife had a son who did little or nothing around the house while his younger sisters were doing chores as soon as they could walk. As he was near finishing school, I asked what sort of employment he was interested in, to be told he was going to wait 4 or 5 years before looking for work.

Wrong! Despite being given a bike of his own, he started stealing my bikes and those of other people. Last heard of, was in a cell near Sukhothai, for exactly that offense.

If pride of their school is the basis of these brawls, why don't the schools adopt a policy of instant compulsory expulsion for anybody involved?

" I believe one of the root causes of this is the treatment thai boys receive from their parents - incredible tolerance of laziness and misbehaviour of the future heir, and old age pension scheme."

Spot on comment, I see the Thai children running wild around Malls and in McD's and the parents never control them.

My boys learn t at an early age that such behavior resulted in a swift smack round the legs. Never harmed them and they are all good citizens with good jobs.

Society is paying the price for lack of discipline- at home, at school and in general.

Bring in harsh corporal punishment

Punishment to mean locked up 23 hours per day on rice gruel, it must be like hell so no one wants to go back in again.

Enforce capital punishment for any killing

We have a soft society around us now.

Seems that "Dek Dee" forgot to mention respect for others and the law.

1- To Respect Religion (Buddhist is implied)

2- To firmly maintain customs and traditions.

3- Obey your father, mother and teachers.

4- Our speech must be polite and sweet (speak pleasantly).

5- We must be thankful (show our thankfulness).

6- We must be diligent workers.

7- We must study to be proficient. We must try hard! We can't be lazy!

8- We must learn to save money.

9- We must always be honest and faithful, have a brave sportsman like spirit, and our nation will gain respect.

10- We will act good, know sin has a price, maintain our countries assets, we will be children that lead in national development, and Thailand will prosper!

I don't know what the prison sentence would be if they manage to catch the perpetrators, but it's obviously not working.

As per tradition, the sentences are commensurate with the disposable income of the parents. Since it is a technical college, I'd imagine the income will be low and the sentences high.

Tough sentences have no preventative effect on crimes of passion, and these school rivalries do stir up emotions.

One life lost and another two wasted. Silly.

No tough sentences if they are not caught. And they won't be. Just like the grenade in the bus last month. And the the shooting the month before that. This won't end until the schools are shut down. Its like the regular bus / van crashes that kill 10 or 12 people. Very sad, but nothing will be done. Wait for next month, there will be another story just like it.

Change the teachers, change the administrators, stop the hazing, stop the "pride" being such an issue. Hell let them play sports against each other and beat each other up on the rugby pitch if that is what it takes.

Its not the schools that have this problem. In rural areas especially amongst unemployed male youths it tends to be a territorial thing. One village against another, one soi in a village against another soi. Very occasionally it results in a death. It happened in my town about 3 months ago, a couple of youths from a neighbouring town, came here and savagely beat a local. He died. Last Loi Kratong the BIB were out in force and it ended up with about 40 louts spending the night in the police cells and the local prison.

What is the answer? Does Thailand have, or ever has had the birch?

Its not the schools that have this problem. In rural areas especially amongst unemployed male youths it tends to be a territorial thing. One village against another, one soi in a village against another soi. Very occasionally it results in a death. It happened in my town about 3 months ago, a couple of youths from a neighbouring town, came here and savagely beat a local. He died. Last Loi Kratong the BIB were out in force and it ended up with about 40 louts spending the night in the police cells and the local prison.

From birth its what they see-everyday of their lives----no respect for the police (mafia) government help-little, corruption at the highest level-locally---but in the end its their HOME upbringing----many schools dont give a toss--sorry --only 30 years experience--mostly Issan rural areas ( where most of the bar girls and boys originate

This is just typical copycat crap from US gang rivalry. But so much for a brawl that became a motorbike hit and since when did 19 years olds stay at school or was this university rivals? This article appears so disjointed and poorly reported to be completely unbelievable if a death were not involved.

This is just typical copycat crap from US gang rivalry. But so much for a brawl that became a motorbike hit and since when did 19 years olds stay at school or was this university rivals? This article appears so disjointed and poorly reported to be completely unbelievable if a death were not involved.

So a death in Thailand turns into a bash on the US? Hmm...

From birth its what they see-everyday of their lives----no respect for the police (mafia) government help-little, corruption at the highest level-locally---but in the end its their HOME upbringing----many schools dont give a toss--sorry --only 30 years experience--mostly Issan rural areas ( where most of the bar girls and boys originate

I agree completely. Little or no discipline from parents and complete disrespect (perhaps rightly so) for the powers that be, for the reasons you have stated. Fortunately my wife is a disciplinarian (rare amongst Thai mothers) but nevertheless that did not stop my step son at the age of 15 leaving school against our wishes.

I hope I have better results with my two other step kids, but I'm not holding my breath.

I firmly believe that Thai TV has a lot to answer for in these instances. All of the Thai soaps involve beautiful (fair skinned) people, as all Thais would love to be, engaged in constant treacherous & violent bahaviour against each other. Cheating , stealing, betrayal, bitch slapping, thumping, stabbing, shooting every form of abuse imaginable is displayed (as cool) nightly on TV.

Unfortunately the lure of the beautiful people and their Bangkok lifestyle is the goal that so many young & not so young, impressionable Thais seek. They have to realize that these soaps are not training videos, they are not real life - they are just cheap, sensationalist & rubbish TV. My wife is an educated Thai, a teacher, but she is still hooked on these c*ap TV shows, because they are designed to tug at the emotional & phsycological strings of all local viewers, purely to boost the ratings & dam_n the consequences.

Gang violence in any form whether it be your baseball cap (IQ reducers) wearing idiots with ill fitting pants or testosterone addled young Thai males, is just DUMB & STUPID. How cool is it to spend your best years 17 -30 yrs old, in prison getting bum f**ked by older equally stupid thugs from the previous decade? How can we make these young retards see the sense? That's the big question. Maybe a leaf from Singapores book is the answer? The birch rarely meets a repeat offender. Singapore is one of the safest city states in the world. It is also one of the most brutal in terms of punishment. I don't see too much public outcry about Singapore's punishment policies - BECAUSE THEY WORK. The means are harsh, but the results speak for themselves. I know many people prefer Thailand to Singapore because of its lax attitude towards order, but ask the parents & siblings of that poor unfortunate you lad what they would prefer to see in Thailand - I'm pretty sure the birch would be high on the list for the future.

Get a grip or the whole place is going to the dogs in a hurry.

" I believe one of the root causes of this is the treatment thai boys receive from their parents - incredible tolerance of laziness and misbehaviour of the future heir, and old age pension scheme."

Spot on comment, I see the Thai children running wild around Malls and in McD's and the parents never control them.

My boys learn t at an early age that such behavior resulted in a swift smack round the legs. Never harmed them and they are all good citizens with good jobs.

Society is paying the price for lack of discipline- at home, at school and in general.

Bring in harsh corporal punishment

Punishment to mean locked up 23 hours per day on rice gruel, it must be like hell so no one wants to go back in again.

Enforce capital punishment for any killing

We have a soft society around us now.