Work Permit And Work Visa

hello. I am inquiring about getting a work permit and 1 year work visa. I am currently in Thailand on a 60 day, 3 entry visa ( the third entry of which is up on Jan. 10). I have a Thai friend who owns a bungalow resort in Raynong, and is willing to say I work for her as manager of the resort. I actually will be down there maintaining the property for a while as it is a new property and she hasn't really got it up and running yet. Can anyone tell me how I would go about applying for a work permit and work visa, and how long that might take. Also, what forms I will need, what my friend will have to do to complete the process, and what kind of scrutiny the board of labor implements for obtaining a permit and visa. thank you.

I would strongly suggest that your friend takes on a lawyer to do this for them, to do if correctly and legally its quite complicated as regards the type of company owns the resort as to if they can even get a work permit.

At this stage you can do nothing, the application for the Non-imm B & work permit has to come from the company itself. Also I would be careful about mentioning maintaining the property, as this job description may be on the prohibited occupations list....ie farangs are not allowed to do it

As to the basic process

Resort will provide with a whole host of paperwork + receipt that your WP has been applied for, you take all this documentation to a local Thai consulate in the region (Singapore or similar) with your passport, you will be issued with a Non-imm B and you can return to Thailand and in most cases can start work while WP is under consideration. Wait a week/month/3 months and if approved receive your WP

Getting the WP and non immigrant visa is not all that hard if your employer qualifies.

In general, the resort should be a Co., Ltd, with a minimum registered capital of 2 million Baht and at least 4 Thai employees (who have been working there at least 3 months, to be proved by the payment of their social security contributions).

If the above is present, they should apply for a work permit. Preferably you should supply degrees etc, but a decent CV with lots of experience in the field you want to work can be used/accepted as well.

Your job description should fit a job allowed by a foreigner, so just maintenance will likely be out, but general manager, or customer relations (language skills) will likely be possible.

Apply for WP, if accepted you will be issued a WP3 form, but not yet the WP as you do not hold a non immigrant visa.

With this WP3 form (and company papers etc) you can travel to a Thai consulate and get a non immigrant B visa. This visa will give you 90 days on entry and when holding this, labor department can issue you your WP.

The hardest part is immigration getting you to issue a 1 year extension on your 90 day visa.

Here the requirements are more strict, and checked upon.

Minimum salary for you will be 50,000 Baht if you are a European.Different levels for different nationalities!

And your employer will need to show audited book keeping of last year showing that she actually can afford to pay your 50,000 salary!

And immigration will be checking on the Thai employees, that they actually work there.

You will be paying taxes on your 50,000 Baht salary.

There is no legal minimum salary for your WP (although labor often requires 30,000 or higher for managerial functions), the 50,000 is for immigration/1 year extension...