Snake Id

DavidOxon

How did you know it was harmless?

If you are asking me, I always had an interest in snakes. Growing up I collected them and drove my mother crazy doing it. Around 23 years ago when I started coming to Thailand I began learning of the local snakes here, which ones to give room to and which ones were o.k. to handle.

If you're ever in doubt you can visit sites such as http://www.thailandsnakes.com/ or google snakes of Thailand.

Edited by ThaiWx

Me? I didn't!

It didn't seem aggressive, wasn't hissing or poised for attack, more rather

playing deadish cos of the cat I think, so quite easy to approach and pick up, and carry

somewhere away from the cat! (Plus isn't it great to scare the wife - sitting in the back of the car, screaming! and impress my Dad - who was taking the pics))

I've had several of those exact same snakes in my garden. I kind of figured they were harmless because one time the dog just laid there as it slithered past her. She didn't even move. Another time a tokay attacked (and killed) one. I usually just push them out into the jungle.

Me? I didn't!

It didn't seem aggressive, wasn't hissing or poised for attack, more rather

playing deadish cos of the cat I think, so quite easy to approach and pick up, and carry

somewhere away from the cat! (Plus isn't it great to scare the wife - sitting in the back of the car, screaming! and impress my Dad - who was taking the pics))

You have more nerve than me.

That is not a good thing to do to scare the wife.:(

However I would have done it also.:D

How did you get her to stay in the car?B)