Visa Extension Based On Thai Wife?

Hello everybody,

i am reading like 2 hours here now and came across some topics saying something about a extension based on marriage to a thai!

I have 3 back to back touristvisa from laos in my new passport and at the moment i am on the last 30 day extension on my double entry tourist visa.

I am married to a thai,is there any way i can get a extension of stay based on that marriage?

I am located in chiang mai.

help is much appriciated.

thank you

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your Wife.

You can also get a 12 month extension if you meet the financial requirements.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your Wife.

You can also get a 12 month extension if you meet the financial requirements.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Thank you for your reply!

I knew that with the financial requirements i can get a 12 month extension,but i dont have the money!

Can you giove me a few more details about the 60 day extension?

I am on a touristvisaextension at the moment....so do i do a visarun and then apply for the 60 day extension or how does that work?

Thx alot.

You just visit Immigration with wife and her id/home register and marriage proofs and your passport and fill out a TM.7 form with 4x6cm photo of you and pay 1,900 baht for the 60 day extension of stay. You can not get another directly on top but you may be able to get more each year with new entries between them.

You just visit Immigration with wife and her id/home register and marriage proofs and your passport and fill out a TM.7 form with 4x6cm photo of you and pay 1,900 baht for the 60 day extension of stay. You can not get another directly on top but you may be able to get more each year with new entries between them.

Is it possible to extend a 60 daysTR visa with 60 days as well or is 30 days the maximum?

Feel free to post any links to any official information on this matter.

2.24 In the case of an alien

visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission

will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto.

From Police Order 777/2551

Yes my wife was with me.

I asked a guy who makes visa stuff in bangkok and he also told me that i have to go for boarderrun first.

You cannot extend on extension,actually sounds wright! ;-)But no problem,rent a nice ninja 250 and go for a borderrun,not the worst thing to spend a day!

regards

Yes my wife was with me.

I asked a guy who makes visa stuff in bangkok and he also told me that i have to go for boarderrun first.

You cannot extend on extension,actually sounds wright! ;-)But no problem,rent a nice ninja 250 and go for a borderrun,not the worst thing to spend a day!

regards

That's exactly what I do.

Pop down to poi-pet and get a 2 week transit stamp. Wait till that nearly runs out and then head to immigration with wife and docs for a 60 day extension

Quite easy.