1Yr Multiple Tourist From Hull?

I heard the other day that one can apply for a one year visa (which requires quarterly boarder runs) in Perth Australia or Hull in England. Is this true, and if not - what is the maximum stay in Thailand one can apply for outside of Thailand and how much does it cost?

A one year non-immigrant visa is probably what you are talking about. Visit Hulls website and read all about it - just type Hull Consulate in Google, they have very good documents you can download and read. I believe you have to be an EU member for Hull though - keep this in mind. Also, what one consulate/embassy requites does not carry to another - thus is the vague nature of immigration law.

At Hull, Birmingham and Cardiff consulates

It's called a multiple entry non-immigrant 'o' visa and for the over 50s requires nothing but the fee and your passport, photos, completed application form.

Cost 100UKP and gives you unlimited 90 day entries into Thailand for 1 year.

If you are under 50 you may be able to get it for visiting a Thai 'friend' in Thailand.

The day before it expires you enter the kingdom for another 90 days, giving you nearly 15 months on the 1 visa.

Birmingham Consulate website

Edited by sarahsbloke

It's called a multiple entry non-immigrant 'o' visa and for the over 50s requires nothing but the fee and your passport, photos, completed application form.

If you are under 50 you may be able to get it for visiting a Thai 'friend' in Thailand.

The day before it expires you enter the kingdom for another 90 days, giving you nearly 15 months on the 1 visa.

Thanks for replies, i'll contact B'ham and see how I can do it without actually having to go there.

Thanks for replies, i'll contact B'ham and see how I can do it without actually having to go there.

Hull does it by post - all the forms are available online - jusr fill them in and send them with your passport, photos and credit cvard details - 3 days later you get it back - costs an extra fiver for special delivery - so 105 quid.

Personnel visit to Hull with an appointment are £10.00, special delivery is required which is about £6.00 ish, Hull will charge an additional £8.00 to send back by special delivery, but you can send a pre-paid addressed envelope, and clear special delivery pouch, available from the post office will will save you £2.00 or so.

Someone will have to be in to sign for the special delivery package, which should be back 2 days later, send monday receive back Wednesday.

You will require forms ab and ad from the hull site, you may have to add .doc to the ab and ad files to open them in microsoft word.

Hull will only deal with postal applications to an EEC address.

I recently read of an American citizen who obtains his 1-year ‘O’ visas from Hull but not by postal application which sort of makes you wonder about the EEC citizens only speculation?

I recently obtained a 1-year multi ‘O’ visa by postal application from Hull.

I downloaded the relevant forms from the Hull web site and sent them by special delivery via the post office which costs £5.50.

I enclosed a cheque for £108 which was £100 for the visa and £8 special (return) delivery from Hull to my home town in the north of England.

Posted to Hull on Monday 1pm and returned Thursday 10am.

Don’t apply to far ahead of your intended trip to LOS as the actual visa starts when Hull stamps it into your passport.

I posted my application around one week ahead of my intended departure from the UK.