Place In Jomtien For Christmas Lunch

Guderian

I'm looking for somewhere nice in the Jomtien area to have lunch on Christmas Day. Shenanigans looks OK, but the lunch runs at 1500 Baht before you even start adding on the cost of drinks. I was hoping for something costing maybe 1000 Baht or less. I asked at the Ritz Cafe but they are already fully booked. Can anyone recommend a place to get a good roast turkey lunch in the area around Jomtien Complex down to (say) Soi 7 for 1000 Baht or less? Thanks for any ideas.

dont think you will get a " sit down ' for less than a thou.

robin hood on the main road outside complex is doing free cold meats and pickles with cheap drinks from about 1pm

the purple space monkey on chaiyapruek is doing a buffet for 400

personally i will prob sit at the cheap bar next to xxo and drink big changs whilst eating crisps--------think tgf working

Edited by neilf

robin hood on the main road outside complex is doing free cold meats and pickles with cheap drinks from about 1pm

personally i will prob sit at the cheap bar next to xxo and drink big changs whilst eating crisps--------think tgf working

There are some places doing a sit-down for around 800-850 Baht, but nowhere that I have heard good reports about. That's why I'm asking for recommendations.

i ate at Punch and Judy Pub the other day on soi 17

i noted they had an extensive menu for xmas

it was around 1200 i recall

it looked good and its a very nice place

the food and service i had on the day i visited was excellent

otherwise Cherries is always good at around 950

• 2 weeks later...

In the end I had lunch in Simple Simon's on Soi 5, and it was really excellent. It was a full buffet with a joint of ham, a joint of roast pork, and mountains of perfectly cooked turkey breast. There were even Yorkshire Puddings to go with the roast if you liked. There was soup to start, Christmas Pudding for dessert, and a plate of cheese and biscuits to finish the meal. This really was great quality and excellent value for 550 Baht, which included a glass of wine. It was an eat-all-you-like buffet, too, so there was no chance of leaving hungry. Full marks to Paul, the owner, and I'll be taking Christmas lunch there again next year. My friend had tried Christmas lunch at various venues around Jomtien and Pattaya over the last 5 years, and he reckoned that this was easily the best meal that he's had anywhere.

• 1 month later...

the purple space monkey

name says it all

stay away its noisy and the music is so bad - ie sweet home alabama

its loud and you cant enjoy yourself or your food

the purple space monkey

name says it all

stay away its noisy and the music is so bad - ie sweet home alabama

its loud and you cant enjoy yourself or your food

Er. Hello. It is February, 2011. What is going on here? Jeez. Sad or what!