Is This A Warm Winter?

jaideeguy

In 10+ years here, this seems to be the warmest winter that I have felt. Normally, from Nov to Jan it's long pants and socks to keep comfortable. This year, I've only used long pants and socks 2 times.

Am I the only one feeling this?? and I hope it is not a sign of another super hot summer!!

yep is kinda warm . seem like it waiting for it to Rain one more time before going into winter .

yesterday nice it almost rain but after a windy gush and a few rain drop notthing happen .

let wait and see the weather change so much over the years .

i still recall some 10 years ago is so much colder .

yep is kinda warm . seem like it waiting for it to Rain one more time before going into winter .

yesterday nice it almost rain but after a windy gush and a few rain drop notthing happen .

let wait and see the weather change so much over the years .

i still recall some 10 years ago is so much colder .

Yes, but for how long? I remember about 10 years ago, the 'cold season' only lasted about three weeks..

I think this year is fairly normal because the 'cold' hasn't really started :)

Every year is different, I think.

if i recall correctly usually during oct you can feel is cooling down and it will slowly become cold till late feb . but this years seem like it coming slow .

i say it will wait for one more rain before it really become cold .

i miss thos edays when i got to wrap myself like a dumpling and ride out whhahahaha

if i recall correctly usually during oct you can feel is cooling down and it will slowly become cold till late feb . but this years seem like it coming slow .

i say it will wait for one more rain before it really become cold .

i miss thos edays when i got to wrap myself like a dumpling and ride out whhahahaha

I recall a couple of weeks in October this year with some cold mornings :shock1::w00t:

I go out every evening about 10 PM on my motorbike. Only the past week have I even considered wearing a light jacket. Most ot the time it's just shorts and sandals. In past years I remember wearing long pants and a thicker jacket. Maybe the cool weather has yet to come. We had a short, light shower about 5 PM today and there were lots of clouds around..

Does seem warmer then normal. Usually by this time of year I would have had my electric heater out at least once, but instead have the AC on. ;)

WHAT? do they even sell heaters in Thailand. I still have the aircon going and been here 6 yrs

Anything above 18 c I think is quite warm 14 c and above is shorts and singlet weather, never used a blanket at night always set the aircon to 14C at night makes it comfortable and keep the fan directly on me, the thai wife doesn't like it tho but the son is exactly the same as me and he was born here. A cool day is about 6C then I use a light jumper and jeans.

Does seem warmer then normal. Usually by this time of year I would have had my electric heater out at least once, but instead have the AC on. ;)

WHAT? do they even sell heaters in Thailand. I still have the aircon going and been here 6 yrs

I am with you. Back where I come from it has been white with temperatures below freezing. My air con is more to clean the air. set at 27 and it will actually come on several times doing the night. My Thai wife just uses a cover no problem.

I would love to be back home in the snow for about two weeks. Well maybe one.:D

The beginning of November was our coolest temperatures so far. We still time ahead for jackets and sweaters I believe. Sorry, forgot to change the scale to Celcius.

Thanks for posting the definitive answer.

I doubt anyone keeps records of this, but it seems to me that there is more ground fog around sunrise than previous years too.

post-40691-0-95069600-1292110394_thumb.j

It was cold for a week or so earlier this year, but now it has switched to being warmer than normal.

Usually, I have to stop swimming well before December as it is too cold, but I am still swimming every day with no problem at all.

Every year, I can't swim during January because the water is too cold :unsure:

softgeorge.

re ...WHAT? do they even sell heaters in Thailand

yes they do !

this is one i had sent from england last year for 40 quid and thai wxs chart is right coz i used mine for about a week in early november

today my aircon is still on all night at 26 c which ive never used in december before

enjoy ... dave2

2 weeks ago it was cold, last week it was warm (at night)

I'm sure it will be cold again soon!

Wow! with such an in depth ability to analyse the weather, you must have worked for the Met. Office!!!

I'm using air con at night, don't usually in December - but then my Dad's got a metre of snow piled up outside his backdoor and hasn't been out for nearly 3 weeks. So I'm not really complaining!

It only gets warm when I bring sleep-over guests. Other than that I never use more than a fan. I don't even think the aircon in my room works. It didn't last year in the same room and the batteries are still dead in the remote. It's quite cloudy today and much cooler. I think I'll go for a hike up Doi Suthep.

The beginning of November was our coolest temperatures so far. We still time ahead for jackets and sweaters I believe. Sorry, forgot to change the scale to Celcius.

that's a good graph - proof that it is warmer not just most of us feeling warmer. do you produce this data yourself or is it available on the net? I'd like to check it more often.

Do you have a link?

We bought a heater last year, German model, ridiculous price in Thailand - it's one of those little electric blow heaters which cost around 20 EUR in Germany. Thai price: 7,000 baht! Nevertheless, it's great for those very cold mornings in winter.

that's a good graph - proof that it is warmer not just most of us feeling warmer. do you produce this data yourself or is it available on the net? I'd like to check it more often.

Do you have a link?

millwall_fan, I produced that chart from my home weather station records. I do have it uploading continuosly to my weather web site, ThaiWx , though and you can see Chiang Mai weather records on that site by selecting the "My Wunderground Page" (green buttons on the right, 5th from bottom). I like to refer to it when I'm out of town to see what's happening here. I hope this isn't considered inappropriate or against TV regs because it wasn't intended to be.

Cheers

Edited by ThaiWx