Topps Ratchaburi

DEREK-C

After the demise in stocks of Western goods in Makro Kanchanaburi my visit to Topps Ratchaburi was a welcome surprise. The revamped Topps now has a wide selection of goods, though the prices may be a little on the high side. Helen, walking down the aisles my mouth was watering. English sausage, sausage meat, good selction of cold meats, Red Leicester Cheese, McVittie chocolate digestives (both plain and milk), ginger nuts, wide selection of Bisto gravies, Paxo stuffing, tins of han , luncheon meat, anchovies, marmite and allsorts of other things. Hope they will soon be stocking meat products from an English guy in Chiang Mai. He currently supplies lots of Topps outlets.

Wuould like to hear if anyone has any other good shops in the Kanchanaburi/Ratchaburi area.

This is a taken from a stoty I wrote some years ago "Travels With Frank - Confessions":

Chapter 6

FrankieGirl was up early again, doing whatever she is doing when having a good time awake, w/o the lights on.

ME: (Drowsy - in bed) : What's it like out there?

FG: It's crowded

ME: ??????? - oh, you mean there are a lot of people at the pool already? (We can see the pool from the hotel room window, but its 07H20 in the morning, so did not expect many visitors)

FG: No, no people but it is crowded - crowdy.

ME: Oh, you mean it is cloudy...?

FG: Yes, yes, it is crowdy

ME: Say Kuala Lumpur

FG: ????

ME: Just say it

FG: Kuara Rumpur

ME: OK, just say KL

FG: KRRR, KRRR, KRRL, KRLLL, KL

ME: So, what's the weather like out there?

FG: It is crowded

ME: Sigh.

I go to take a shower whilst CNN is running the weather forecast, they are currently talking about the Middle East.

FG - from the bedroom: Teelak, Teelak, it is overcast in Cloudy Arabia!!

ME: Duh???

FG: Yes, yes in Cloudy Arabia there is overcast!!

ME (entering the bedroom) : Ahh, you mean it is overcast in Saudi Arabia..

FG: Yes, Yes, Saudi Arabia is Cloudy Arabia, they have overcast now!!

Sometimes FrankieGirl's learning curve is not a curve but leaps and bounds in mysterious ways.

LOL - I was several forums simutaneously and alternately and this one got posted in the wrong forum. It does not matter but it's out of context on this thread.

It was about funny things Thais say when trying to pronounce english

Edited by Frank La Rue

• 2 weeks later...