Non-Immigrant B Via From Vientiane

Hi, im going to apply for Non-Immigrant B visa from Vientiane and i was wondering that is 1 night in Vientiane enough to get it?

I will be at Vientiane probably on next thursday before 10am and i would be leaving Friday around 2pm to catch my flight from Udon Thani.

Have you guys usually get your Non B visas in 24hours or has it take longer? Its a bit risky to buy that planeticket on friday, if getting the visa could take longer than 24h.

Also dont wanna stay Vientiane the whole weekend.

I would go to Vientiane sooner than thursday but i dont probably get all the documents from the company where im gonna work any sooner.

Pick up visa the following day after 1 pm. Unless the officer on duty when you hand in the application on the first day will accept money to have it ready later the same day.

I would never suggest that members of the Thai Embassy would do that, nor would I suggest that you offer them money to do that, but I have been told that it has been done.Don't forget besides the copy of the contract with you and the employer you need a letter of invitation from the employer stating length of time you will be working and salary, much like the contract. My lawyer did not tell me about that so I had to stay two days while the company emailed me the letter as the embassy suggested, so when I returned the following day, the same guy said to me "Do you have the original copy." I said no, just the printed emailed copy that you told me to get. They accepted it. They will only give you 90 days, single entry unless you pay for multiple entry, which you have to go to immigration again with another load of paperwork to get the one year extension. Just got my Non B one month ago in Vientiane. Now waiting for the employer to get all the paperwork ready again for the one year extension, even though the contract was for 2 years and the employer asked for a one year visa.

Edited by Colabamumbai

Pick up visa the following day after 1 pm. Unless the officer on duty when you hand in the application on the first day will accept money to have it ready later the same day.

I would never suggest that members of the Thai Embassy would do that, nor would I suggest that you offer them money to do that, but I have been told that it has been done.Don't forget besides the copy of the contract with you and the employer you need a letter of invitation from the employer stating length of time you will be working and salary, much like the contract. My lawyer did not tell me about that so I had to stay two days while the company emailed me the letter as the embassy suggested, so when I returned the following day, the same guy said to me "Do you have the original copy." I said no, just the printed emailed copy that you told me to get. They accepted it. They will only give you 90 days, single entry unless you pay for multiple entry, which you have to go to immigration again with another load of paperwork to get the one year extension. Just got my Non B one month ago in Vientiane. Now waiting for the employer to get all the paperwork ready again for the one year extension, even though the contract was for 2 years and the employer asked for a one year visa.

Almost all of the people who work in this company are farangs and this company is many years old. So i hope and believe that they know what papers they have to give me.

Yeah they told me that firstly i get only 3 months visa and later 1 year.

I have never been in Vientiane before so what guesthouse would you recommend for me? I would like it to be the cheap as possible and pretty near to Thai Embassy. I have been thinking this: http://www.saysouly.com/rate.html Anybody knows this place? How far is it from Embassy and btw how far is embassy from the border?

Also i would have to be on Udon Thani Airport before 4pm so is Udon Kaew tour minibus transportation from the border to airport reliable and how long does it usually take?

Thanks for all the info!

Almost all of the people who work in this company are farangs and this company is many years old. So i hope and believe that they know what papers they have to give me.

Yeah they told me that firstly i get only 3 months visa and later 1 year.

I have never been in Vientiane before so what guesthouse would you recommend for me? I would like it to be the cheap as possible and pretty near to Thai Embassy. I have been thinking this: http://www.saysouly.com/rate.html Anybody knows this place? How far is it from Embassy and btw how far is embassy from the border?

Also i would have to be on Udon Thani Airport before 4pm so is Udon Kaew tour minibus transportation from the border to airport reliable and how long does it usually take?

Thanks for all the info!

Embassy from border 20 minutes, that guest house is ok, Bhat 320. 60 Bhat from Embassy share tuk tuk with one other person. Share taxi from border to embassy bhat 150. That is all I can tell you about that. Nong Khai to border Bhat 40 tuk tuk. or share from train station Bhat 30.

Embassy from border 20 minutes, that guest house is ok, Bhat 320. 60 Bhat from Embassy share tuk tuk with one other person. Share taxi from border to embassy bhat 150. That is all I can tell you about that. Nong Khai to border Bhat 40 tuk tuk. or share from train station Bhat 30.

Okay, thanks alot. Btw wasnt it that its cheaper to pay Laos visa with dollars, its like 1600baht or 35 dollars? (Im Finnish).

Which one should i use in Vientiane, dollars or bahts?

And if someone can tell fast and reliable transportation from Nong Khai to Udon Airport i would appreciate that :)