Buying Farmland In Isaan

I am thinking of buying farmland to farm it. This would be a co-operative effort between myself, wife, and her parents. I am not terribly concerned with the income, but I would like the land to remain mine. Any thoughts on the best way to protect my investment/purchase? I just bought a property for residential purposes and we registered a superficies on the chanote, which is not failproof. Can a foreigner register a mortgage against a Thai property?

Thanks

Come back and ask questions when you've demonstrated a bit of effort with the search function yourself [That's why nobody is answering I believe]:rolleyes:

Now you're a pleasant chap aren't you? Somebody piss in your cornflakes today?

I have done a lot of reading on this subject, both here and on Thai lawyers sites over the course of the last couple of years and more so in the last month as I just bought a property. What I was looking for was ideas as I am going to the lawyer tomorrow to talk about this. When I am searching for information on the internet, I quite often get distracted and spend a lot of time and actually forget what I was looking for in the first place. Sometimes it is easier to ask for a little bit of help. Usually there are knowledgeable people all too happy to part with their experience or ideas. That is what this is about. Get it???

So if somebody did not piss in your cornflakes today; here's to somebody pissing in them tomorrow :)

If your not bothered about the income, why buy the land.....you must know that you cant own the land so it seems like a wasted excersise buying any.

it is a way for her to earn an income, and for her to help her parents earn more of an income. That then means that less money ( or even none...) comes out of my pocket in their direction. You could give it to them, or help them earn it themselves. This is a business that they already know. There is actually a living to be made farming sugar if you can afford more than a few rai of land. You can rent land....if it is available. There is nothing for rent in this particular area, but there is some for sale....

Simply,you cannot own farmland. As it is a prohibited profession for farang. You can, as many of us(including me) have done, buy it your wifes name. Knowing full well that , if the relationship finishes the land is hers ,and there is nothing you can do about it.You make no investments here ,that you cannot walk away from.