Clarifies Cash Requirement Rule At Poipet

bartop.gif

Immigration clarifies cash requirement rule at Arayaprathet Immigration Thai - cambodia border (Poipet)

click here...

http://www.aranimmigration.com

WARNING..!!!

- Foreigners travelling from Cambodia to Thailand through Khlong Luek border pass cannot obtain visa on arrival at this point of entry.

- Visa that have not been obtained by the traveller personally are considered incomplete documents. The passport holder will not be allowed to stay in Thailand according to the visa but only according to the rights of the nationality of the passport holder.

- Foreigners crossing into Thailand from Cambodia must have valid a exit stamp from the Cambodian immigration authorities in their passport.

- Foreigners entering Thailand without having their travel documents checked will be considered illegal immigrants and are subject to prosecution according to Thai immigration laws.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nationals of the following seven countries please check with the Cambodian embassy before entering Cambodia via Poi Pet border pass, as entry might be denied.

1. PAKISTAN

2. AFGANISTAN

3. BANGLADESH

4. SRI LANKA

5. SUDAN

6. SAUDIARABIA

7. ALGERIA

Edited by aranimmigration

Many  thanks  Aranya.

How  strictly  is  the  rule  enforced....i.e  how  often  do  you  ask  for  show  of  funds  from  travellers?

Does  the  appearence  of  the  traveller  decide  whether  you  ask  to  see  funds  or  not? 

:o

good question, but I bet you will never know the answer.

What about the airport?

Do we have to show 10 or 20K baht at the Bangkok Airport?

Has anyone arrived recently?

only show at the Poipet??????????????

Its always been a requirement to have suffiecient money to fund your stay.........however in all the time i've been here i've never known anyone asked for a show of funds at Bangkok Airport.

Always wise to have some monies (whatever form) on you though.

I/m only guessing but could be that a TV member has pm'd Aranya about show of funds and they have posted to clarify the position...............only guessing though.

Edited by thaiflyer1

Yes, first time in countless arrivals July 7/05. One fellow in front of me when asked mentioned that he will get funds later from ATM.

The female officer did not ask for the card, just said, no, get it now and come back.

Could it be she was offended by a little bit of odor? I was standing behind him for quite some time. Should not mention the general appearance, European, British passport, leathersandals and short pants. Very off white t-shirt.

Yes, first time in countless arrivals July 7/05. One fellow in front of me when asked mentioned that he will get funds later from ATM.

The female officer did not ask for the card, just said, no, get it now and come back.

Could it be she was offended by a little bit of odor? I was standing behind him for quite some time. Should not mention the general appearance, European, British passport, leathersandals and short pants. Very off white t-shirt.

A bit regret, should have bought the Elite Card when I had the money…

A bit regret, should have bought the Elite Card when I had the money…

you must have spent that million baht for something else more important! :D

that wouldnt be difficult :o

Living with my Thai girlfriend and my in-laws. plus very often her other relatives from the village, that 7 digits only took about 9 months.