Model Railway Shop In Bkk?

yang123

I have spent a lot of time hunting for decent models and supplies, but ships usually, not trains. The bias here seems to be towards RC , especially cars, However...

I haven't seen this one myself, but it's central and has a website (which works ohmy.gif):

http://modelrailroadsiam.com/main/default.php

I did come across a place in JJ Mall, around the back of Jatujak market, on the second or third floor IIRC at the north end of the building. A bit shabby, but biased towards trains.

I wonder if the Thailand Railway Hall of Fame has a shop or at least might provide information?

Most Central stores usually have a decent collection of self-assembly models, including some trains, but again I wasn't paying attention to the train side of things.

Tamiya don't really do trains, but their store on RCA is useful for paints, tools and materials etc.

http://www.modelivery.com seem to have big promise, but their website is a shambles and I don't see any trains there. The one day I actually got out to them (Thonburi Market) they were closed annoyed.gif.

Most other Thai model shops I've managed to visit are shambles and not keen on customers: Amorn opposite Panthip Plaza would rather not be disturbed; there's one on Chulalongkorn 42 behind National Stadium that is a disorganized mess with staff that know nothing; the one on Chula 5(?) seems to have disappeared. There's another in the basement of Fortune Town, almost under the Tesco end of things, but mostly RC.

Best bet is find what you want on eBay, preferably from a HK supplier, save you a lot of mooching around in sweaty old BKK.

Cheers,

K.

Central Silom on 2nd or 3rd floor near the escalator. I do not know much about model railways but so don't know if this shop is any good but can remember thinking my son would like to have a look. There were many trains and lots of track and buildings and such. May be worth a look.

There is one on Soi Ari (or Aree). Get off of Ari BTS, walk down Soi Ari about 200 meters. When you get off the BTS you're going to get off on the opposite side of the street as the Villa Market complex.

Roughly across the street from the new Nobel condo. Grey with a wall of plants in front, I can't remember the name. You'll pass lots of shops, an Italian restaurant and video store. You can't miss it. It will be on your right - just keep looking in shop windows.