Melbourne Toy Run 2010

BSJ

Melbourne Toy Run 2010 Hi folks, I thought I would show a few pix's from the annual toy run held by the MRA (Motorcycle Riders Association) for the Salvation Army. Riders form up in several locations on the outskirts of Melbourne and all proceed to a central location.....which is now Docklands next to the City of Melbourne. It's the one time of the year you get the diverse range of riders all together for the one cause.

My ride

PC120086.jpg

Lillydale meeting area

What the hell is that reindeer doing here!

PC120008.jpg

PC120005.jpg

The Yarra Valley crew arrive, then we are off to Ringwood to pick up the riders waiting there.

PC120009.jpg

No pix's at Ringwood as it was a 20 second stop and on to the freeway. We made our way to Clifton Hill to wait for the Eltham and Northern suburbs riders.

PC120013.jpg

After a while the Eltham lads turned up....in dribs and drabs.

PC120018.jpg

Then as the stragglers arrived the whistle blew and everyone headed to their mount.

PC120026.jpg

On arrival it was organised chaos! But everyone found somewhere to park! First a wide shot from the boardwalk, then some I thought interesting. The bikes were parked way past that high rise on the right.

PC120079.jpg

PC120074.jpg

1944 not the oldest. Try 1927 and still ridden regularly!

PC120065.jpg

Oh yer! Brings back memories from late 60's!

PC120082.jpg

Someone has a pipe fetish!

PC120064.jpg

Some bikes give me a hard on!

PC120067.jpg

Old postie bikes......

PC120058.jpg

My favourite colour!

PC120060.jpg

Even the cops came on bikes.....and in cars

PC120076.jpg

Santa couldn't find his sack

PC120071.jpg

Destroying a perfectly good Kwaka Kz1300 to make this is a hanging offense.....or should be!

PC120062.jpg

Another golden oldie.

PC120056.jpg

Last one. Suzie M109 with a few mods. As a cruiser it looks super cool!!!

PC120069.jpg

A full range of pix's is available at Melbourne Toy Run 2010

Edited by BSJ

That first photo, is that tyre not on the wrong way round? Or have I had too many gin and tonics.

:lol: I know what you mean! I thought the same, so I got the tyre guy to check the other ones they had in stock and sure enough, it's rolling the right way.

It has an arrow each side pointing correct rotation.

Come out to the Chiangmai ToyRide Feb 20 for more of the same

www.chiangmaitoyride.com

Hi Hog Head, would like too....but the timing isn't in my favour. I'll be in Patters most of Jan, inc the 20th, want to reschedule? :rolleyes:

That first photo, is that tyre not on the wrong way round? Or have I had too many gin and tonics.

:lol: I know what you mean! I thought the same, so I got the tyre guy to check the other ones they had in stock and sure enough, it's rolling the right way.

It has an arrow each side pointing correct rotation.

It will be a long day before I would use that tyre here in Chiang Mai during the wet season whatever the arrows say. You can clearly see the grooves will pull the water into the centre of the tyre whereas they should remove it from the centre of the tyre. Please report back here the first time you have a duster in the wet as a result of the tread running the wrong way, expect to hear from you shortly.