Cable Tv Or Something

BB1955

Just got here a few months ago Im searching for a cable Tv or satilite . I think I have two choices True Tv and We Tv anyone have any sugestions . I dont care about sports just a little news and maybe some old movies or something in English ...

Not looking to spend a bundle either ....

Thanks

WETV is much cheaper and has exactly what you are looking for, but it depends on if you mind Fox News and Al Jazeera.

IMHO they are the perfect pair as they have the opposite view on just about everything and Fox has a lot of live music and entertaining bits between the news, while Al Jazeera has much more news about sports.

There are a number of movie channels and other English channels as well as Asian news.

WETV is much cheaper and has exactly what you are looking for, but it depends on if you mind Fox News and Al Jazeera.

IMHO they are the perfect pair as they have the opposite view on just about everything and Fox has a lot of live music and entertaining bits between the news, while Al Jazeera has much more news about sports.

There are a number of movie channels and other English channels as well as Asian news.

Rumor is Fox is going to add animation.:D

WE TV also has three English-language movie channels that show an interesting mix of movies. You can download their movie schedule from their website. It's my morning ritual to look up the day's movies on Rotten Tomatoes and/or Metacritic to see if any would be of interest to us. We've seen some great movies we otherwise wouldn't have bought from a DVD seller.

The execution of their programming can be a little erratic, though. Sometimes they show a movie different than the one listed on their schedule, but always one with a similar title, leading me to believe the movies are cued up by someone with a limited command of English. Sometimes it can be really frustrating, like when I hurried home to watch The Hurt Locker the first time they showed it, only to find them showing The Hurricane instead. Othertimes, we just shrug and get out a good book when they mess up the programming.

Right now they're running a special if you prepay 6 months or a year in advance. I got 12 months of service for 3000 baht, a savings of 50 baht per month. I used our U.S. visa card so if they go out of business, I'll be able to file a claim with our U.S. credit card company for a refund of undelivered service.