Lost The "sound" In My Laptop: Why ?

AsiaWolfie

since few days, I dont have any sound. but I didnt change any setting of my laptop actually...... the speakers of the laptop are ON, not MUTE. cannot have sound at SKYPE (ear-plugs dont have sound too), cannot listen to radiobangkok..... NOTHING.... what may be the problem ?

since few days, I dont have any sound. but I didnt change any setting of my laptop actually......  the speakers of the laptop are ON, not MUTE. cannot have sound at SKYPE (ear-plugs dont have sound too), cannot listen to radiobangkok..... NOTHING....  what may be the problem ?

Is your sound card plugged in properly? Or maybe u have muted the sound? If not then double-click your volume icon in taskbar and check with the settings.

since few days, I dont have any sound. but I didnt change any setting of my laptop actually......  the speakers of the laptop are ON, not MUTE. cannot have sound at SKYPE (ear-plugs dont have sound too), cannot listen to radiobangkok..... NOTHING....  what may be the problem ?

Is your sound card plugged in properly? Or maybe u have muted the sound? If not then double-click your volume icon in taskbar and check with the settings.

its NOT mute as already mentioned in my post. and I did not change any settings so why the sound card could be not plugged properly ? all volume settings are on HIGH too.....

its NOT mute as already mentioned in my post. and I did not change any settings so why the sound card could be not plugged properly ? all volume settings are on HIGH too.....

Did u notice something unusual before the sound stopped coming? Maybe your sound card is overclocked? If u really cant get it working then u can became a member at www.dslreports.com and try posting your problem there. People there must be knowing. I'm sure.

Maybe take a look at Start, Settings, Control Panel, 'Sounds & Audio Devices'.

or

Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, 'Sound, Video & Game Controllers'.

Check for devices working properly, conflicts, troubleshooting.

I use XP Pro on my laptop. My sound disappeared after I loaded Service Pack 2. Found then that I had to get a new driver appropriate to my particular sound card (Yamahah) which fixed the problem. Are you on dial-up or broad band? Maybe Bill Gates logged you on with his infuriating auto update and upgraded without you knowing?

I am on broadband. yes indeed I clicked on Bill's "new updates are available, click here" invitation a couple of days ago...... ummmm..... anybody knows about Bill Gate's schedule ? when will he be in KrungThep again to fix my laptop ??? hummmm..... I dont even know what kind of soundcard I use :o will try the START, SETTINGS..... thing first....maybe I am lucky.....