How Much Should I Pay An Employee?

We are going to hire someone to call Thai businesses for us. It will be a part time job in which the employee would work 2 hours a day 5 days a week. They would call businesses and once we find a business to buy from we would be able to offer a decent bonus to the person making the phone calls. They would not need to do any negotiating or anything, just inquire whether the business has what we want and then offer them our price. They would also be at least temporarily laid off once we make our purchase, because we're going to ship it overseas and have wait time. This may eventually transition into full time work. Our requirements are that they speak decent English and that they can follow instructions well.

How much would you play someone like this? I'm not sure what the bonus is going to be yet.

Just remember, you pay peanuts , you'll get monkeys !

Speaking decent English wont be that easy to find, offer enough money and you might get the right people apply, 500 baht per week.

Edited by CharlieH

If you only want to call Thai business, make a advertisment at Universities and call it training you can offer something like 150 Baht/day (10 hours) this something most thai companies will do.

only useful if you really just want to call and ask one simple question for anything else you better get experienced people costing at least 400Baht/day (10 hours)

Oh!

If u wanna get decent English speaking staff plus who can follow instructions well. In this case, u may have to pay more than 500 THB/day ( 9 Hours included lunch break) as a part time worker!

wage @150 THB/day (10 hours) you would get a worker who can't even read or write their own name!

Good luck

Please read the initial post again its mention clearly that they will only have to call thai companies. So the English skills are not important at all if you have some Thai staff in your company who can explain the task for you to that person.

150 Bhat a day is actually a very nice salary for an interhsip in Thailand, many companies only pay 5000/month

Please read the initial post again its mention clearly that they will only have to call thai companies. So the English skills are not important at all if you have some Thai staff in your company who can explain the task for you to that person.

150 Bhat a day is actually a very nice salary for an interhsip in Thailand, many companies only pay 5000/month

150 Baht a day is more than 5000 a month??? :lol::huh::lol:

150 Baht a day is more than 5000 a month??? :lol::huh::lol:

For 2 hours a day, I'm thinking, geez let me get my calculator out. Hell can't find it I'll go out on a limb naked and say YES!

Also, I'm thinking of offering a 10-15k bonus if we get successfully connected with a business. What do you guys think?

I'd be careful with that one, what happens if they connect you with 3 in one day, you going to pay 30k a day? seems excessive.

Personally, I would pro-rata the payment, make it equivalent to a months salary as a bonus. if you are paying 500 baht for 10 hrs a week, thats 2k for the month on a part time basis for total of 40 hrs. so even if you went right over the top and doubled it again it would be 4k bonus, no need for the 10-15 k., in my opinion.

you bunch of tight fisted b@stards... and @ kennalder 555 yes you do need a calculator if you think 150 baht a day adds up to more than 5000 a month

150b per day (2hr day) = 75b an hour..... yeah I reckon its more than 5000b per month if calculated on the standard 48hr week, in reality though its only 3900b per month.