Does This Popular Food Item Have Any Nutritional Value?

Portlandstone

I do hope so. My wife buys them and my one year old daughter loves them.

Mind you I doubt she is getting any nutritional value - she carries them around dog-like in her mouth for hours on end. I haven't seen her break into one yet!

I do hope so. My wife buys them and my one year old daughter loves them.

Mind you I doubt she is getting any nutritional value - she carries them around dog-like in her mouth for hours on end. I haven't seen her break into one yet!

I'm sure this snack (it's not food) has tons of sugar. Definitely not good for children...unless you need to supplement your local dentists salary. :whistling:

And I'm sure it has very little nutritional value....

couldnt see the picture but moving to thai food section. btw, if its agar agar then does hae some nutrional value. same if its gelatin from animal bones; could also be something that gets vitamins added to it... read the ingredients and check what they are.

bina

Yes, this particular one says "Pipo" on the lids, but I also bought a bag called Euro, incidentally which both look to be the same company but different packaging. I bought them where I am now, in Phnom Penh, obviously imported from Thailand, which I left last month. I used to eat them there too.

I would have thought they would have fat because just looking at it, it looks "fatty", however when I read the side of a jar of Jam, it said 0g fat, so perhaps these do too.

The package says 15% fruit juice, the only English I can make out. Any extra information any one is able to make out (that which is in Thai) please let us know. Anyhow, I wonder if the lady who told me that is misinformed herself (local beliefs that don't always add up). Thanks.