Nikon: Sigma Ex 10-20 / F3.5 And Sigma 18-200 F3.5-6.0

No1

AFAIK the Sigma 10-20 is a wonderful, powerful lens (I use it B))

Thank you, it is a great lens and I have taken some great pictures with it. I didn't use the zoom function a lot I have become more enthusiastic about photography and am now looking to replace it with an AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.4G.

I use an 18 to 200 mm lens for 95% of my shooting. It's compact and covers so much latitude that I seldom need anything else.

Recently, I get along with a 50 mm F/1.4G in 80% of my shooting. The other 20% with the wide angle. I realized that for 100-200 mm shoots I am better off with a tripod which I am too lazy to carry with me.

I use an 18 to 200 mm lens for 95% of my shooting. It's compact and covers so much latitude that I seldom need anything else.

Recently, I get along with a 50 mm F/1.4G in 80% of my shooting. The other 20% with the wide angle. I realized that for 100-200 mm shoots I am better off with a tripod which I am too lazy to carry with me.

If I have enough light I crank up the speed and open up the aperture for hand held shots with the telephoto. Shot at something around 1/1000/second I usually get good results. Most of my stuff is for snapshots anyway, where perfect sharpness is not an issue. I need the tripod more for macro than telephoto. .

Both are great lenses I have both of them for Canon mount. 18-200 is not as good quality pics as every other lens I own, but it's the most convenient covering such a great zoom range.

Good luck with sale.

Edited by Shurup

Looked at both the Nikkor 12-24 (older lens) as well as the Nikkor 10-24 (newer version) and settled for the latter based on many reviews. I have been extremely happy with the lens; the 10 vs12mm really makes a big difference..

Looked at both the Nikkor 12-24 (older lens) as well as the Nikkor 10-24 (newer version) and settled for the latter based on many reviews. I have been extremely happy with the lens; the 10 vs12mm really makes a big difference..

We also recently bought the Nikkor 10-24, nice little lense but not as sharp as I would of liked. When I save up and buy a full frame sensor camera, I am going to make sure Ive saved enough to buy a 14-24mm, mee thinks :thumbsup: , thats really sharp.

If the OP buys that 24mm f1.4 lense, he will be blown away by its sharpness. Even a goof like me can take good pictures with a lense like that (well okay, almost) :lol:

If the OP buys that 24mm f1.4 lense, he will be blown away by its sharpness. Even a goof like me can take good pictures with a lense like that (well okay, almost) :lol:

Yep, I am a goof, too, and realized what a good quality lens helps to make some nice snapshots :D. My 50 mm f/1.4 G is one of them things that made me change my mind. And yes: full format sensor is on the list, too.

Oooops! I just realized that this is all completely O.T. I wanted to sell some lenses here. I hope it happens soon. If anyone is interested, make an offer I can't refuse.:whistling: My loss is your win, etc.