Big Moth

This big hawk moth flew into my condo last night, slept all day and is still asleep. Anyone know what it is?

Should I just leave it or let it find its own way out when it's ready? I just wonder if it is weak through not eating or drinking anything for almost 24 hours.

Thanks.

post-25623-0-99930100-1292598389_thumb.j

It was fine, and in fact far cannier than I had given it credit for.

It stayed where it was all day, hiding in plain sight but clearly thinking it was well hidden. The minute we turned the lights off and went to bed it was airborne. We had left the balcony doors open and we watched it head straight out to do whatever moths do in Pattaya, at midnight.

Someone told me it is a Convolvulus Hawk Moth

Most of the larger moths in Pattaya head towards the bright lights of Soi 6 and 7, around 8pm, have a great mexican feed with a few beers, then stumble into a dimly lit small room packed with other moths who have gathered around a stage full of naked young female moths. Once there they drink copious amounts of overpriced beer, and tell each other stories of pillage and daring, and how many young moths they have conquered since yesterday. Around 1.30am they lurch onto the street, buy a lukewarm sausage roll, kebab,or a meatpie, eat ravenously, and attach themselves to a baht bus to go home. Inevitably, at home 30 minutes later, the gourmet pie, often accompanied by diced carrots(for reasons unknown) is regurgitated, and the moths collapse onto the bed, contented and asleep until another day dawns, and they can do it all over again.

Most of the larger moths in Pattaya head towards the bright lights of Soi 6 and 7, around 8pm, have a great mexican feed with a few beers, then stumble into a dimly lit small room packed with other moths who have gathered around a stage full of naked young female moths. Once there they drink copious amounts of overpriced beer, and tell each other stories of pillage and daring, and how many young moths they have conquered since yesterday. Around 1.30am they lurch onto the street, buy a lukewarm sausage roll, kebab,or a meatpie, eat ravenously, and attach themselves to a baht bus to go home. Inevitably, at home 30 minutes later, the gourmet pie, often accompanied by diced carrots(for reasons unknown) is regurgitated, and the moths collapse onto the bed, contented and asleep until another day dawns, and they can do it all over again.

MOTHS? I thought they were butterflies?!

MOTHS? I thought they were butterflies?!

Yeah, maybe you're right, but I'm not sure that butterflies come out at night ?