Taking A Chance With Passport Control

malct

Hi All

During this years travels, i ended up in Kos for a week, Just walked through passport control with the Guy just waving everyone through. i just thought, I wished that i broght my Thai GF with me, But knowing my luck, she would have been deported ;-(

I think there is only Switzerland that thai people can visit in Europe without a visa.

My GF is coming to the UK Mid Feburary and it would have been nice to take her somewhere in europe But more hassle with Visa's

Malc

And would the airline you were travelling with let your Thai GF board a plane to anywhere else if she didnt have a valid visa for entry to that country....very much doubt they would so its really a moot point you are making

I think there is only Switzerland that thai people can visit in Europe without a visa.

Apologies for being a bit abrupt, but I am fed up with bullshit "I think ..." being sprayed around creating misunderstandings and misinformation. If you don't "KNOW" then don't make statements about official regulations.

Switzerland DOES require a visa for Thais, except for diplomats and officials.

Since December 12th 2008 Switzerland came into the Schengen visa scheme, before that a Swiss visa was required.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

'12DrinkMore' ...........

"I THINK" in the way most people use it, is generally another way for saying " to the best of my knowledge" which is all anyone can do, as this is an open public forum for members to contribute, not a "dear Abby" type column.

As your name suggests, go "drinkmore" and stop being so rude, or perhaps that should be drinkless :whistling:

OR as a very reliable source of information and moderator puts it..........

"About all we can do is correct false information as often posters just do not know and are saying what they believe to be true. The fact that many 'rules' are in the grey category and exceptions are often allowed makes it very hard to say who is right or wrong. We are likely all wrong at times. The best we can do is provide multiple corrections as this is a forum rather than a 'Dear Abby' column."

Edited by CharlieH

Same, same, but vice versa > my wife has every year a Schengen Visa and we wanted to travel to London from Austria, rent a car and drive North to Scotland. But for that my wife needs an extra UK-Visa. :annoyed:

So, instead of dealing with all the efforts and waiting time we travel to Amsterdam, Paris, Budapest, the Austrian Alps, Italy.....

My wife and I have UK passports and my daughter Thai, she had Italian and French visas in her passport. We rented a car in Italy and drove it to France. At the border they waved us through into France and we tried to stop to get her passport stamped but it was impossible.

We had a real problem when we left Paris to return to Thailand. They accused my daughter of entering France illegally. Fortunately I could speak fluent French and I was able to explain what happened. everything

My wife and I have UK passports and my daughter Thai, she had Italian and French visas in her passport. We rented a car in Italy and drove it to France. At the border they waved us through into France and we tried to stop to get her passport stamped but it was impossible.

We had a real problem when we left Paris to return to Thailand. They accused my daughter of entering France illegally. Fortunately I could speak fluent French and I was able to explain what happened. everything

if she is your daughter why not get her a UK passport and save on the visas?

If you travel by car, you are fine. Traveling by airport, and there is a good chance you will get checked by someone somewhere.

More like there'a a good chance somebody will say " Christ a flying airport!!!!!" :D