Best Place For 'Sky Bar' Cocktail

3stan

Thanks for feedback so far. We're planning on dining in the area after cocktail so lad prao area wouldn't be my first choice. Forgot to mention we did go to Hilton millenium (near chao praya river) previously so did not include it in the list. Nice place, nice view.

MKAsok is right, Baiyoke Tower is a dumb. That said, good place to take family and kids from upcountry, buffet isn't too expensive, or good, entertainment for the kids. Fine for that.

I much Vertigo over Sirocco. Vertigo is true 360 view and you can sit down. Sirocco is stand-up only at the bar.

Haven't doe the others.

Ok, so far, sounds like it'll be either Vertigo or Sofitel silom sky lounge. :jap:

Vertigo is by far the best I have been to. I would say the view and atmosphere there are miles better than Sirocco. I have taken a few people there over the years - it is the best place in town for a sunset "wow factor" cocktail. And the prices - whilst not cheap - are just about on the right side of acceptable. Sirocco is a blatant rip-off in my opinion. I don't see how you can beat Vertigo for an all round experience.

Also, I agree with the other posters about Baiyoke. If you get a nice clear day (they happen occasionally) then it is well worth going up to the viewing deck - but the bar and restuarant are both pretty shabby. Such a shame really because the view is fantastic.

cool. Thanks Joseph ;)

From what i remember, cocktails were really pricey at Hilton 360 bar (was it 750 baht+ service charge?) so i'm guessing prices at Vertigo are similar. Vertigo sounds like our best option.

Edited by 3stan